Saturday, June 15, 2013

"What? Do you think I'm stupid?" (ch149)

Also in case you missed it, here are some notes I found which I think are relevant to ch148 but I'm not sure. (They sure as heck weren't for this chapter. The notes mainly talked 'bout Vexen and Alpha and we're with Riku in this chapter)

Music suggestions are a good place to start. All are under the ch149 tag on tumblr but I mainly suggest:
Flameheart by Two Steps from Hell
and ASAP (Voice and Choir) also by Two Steps from Hell (I gave you a link because there are four versions of that song)

yes that other song under the tag is supposed to be there. If you read my tags on that post you'll see my reasoning ehehee

~AAAAAAND TO THE CHAPTER

(convenient link is convenient)

Riku was trying to say the f-word and I told him no. (It's become more prevalent in my vocabulary for some reason. I blame tumblr.)
I decided to have him say frik/frikken instead

And, yes, it's frikken and not freaking. (There's scrap dialogue 'round somewhere where he says frik instead of freak yeah). I say it's "what Riku does" in my notes, but I actually chose it because it's a harsher sound. The f-word is a harsh sound, too. Most swear words are, actually. "God" is, and while it's not technically a swear word I don't like using it, but my problem is the only usual substitute for it is "gosh" and "sh" is soft and alskdjf it ruins the flow of the sentence y'know? that might be my poet leaking out aha

Haha my notes actually say that. The thing about me and poetry. Here I like what my notes say better than my paraphrasing:
“Gosh” is a soft sound, and it takes the force out of the sentence. Lord (another word I'm not fond of using) is also a hard sound, because it’s also a d. I’m not sure if you could consider whatever sound mn makes in damn as hard or soft or whatever, but bleh. Most other replacement swear words are soft in sound and it ruins the flow of a sentence and bleh (remember I’ve written poetry so I get that word flow vibe and it’s not weird that I agonize over this))

Lol

Also I thought I'd mention: while some of my reasons for not using "god" or "lord" are because I'm Christian and, y'know "don't take the Lord's name in vain", a lot of my reasoning is actually founded in the fact that there isn't a god in the Kingdom Hearts universe. You could consider Kingdom Hearts itself as something sort of like that, but it's more of a Force than a Being and...
So, for me, having my characters using "god" or "lord" as exclamations seems stupid, considering the characters don't quite have a concept of that.
(I am aware I have used such words on occasion, but the decision not to use them is fairly recent, and sometimes I override myself because gosh ruins the flow of the sentence alskdfjs)

"Well poop I think I need more angry-ish songs than cocky songs *swaps to Linkin Park*"
~idk that was just in my notes
(I was getting cocky songs because Axel but Riku is angry/angsty sooooo)

Oh right, this chapter! Sometimes I forget what certain chapters entail even though I know what they are
(This chapter entails me posting three brainstorms for the battle eheheh but I have to do that after next chapter since the battle was two chapters)

That is a note I can't put because it is spoilers unless I'm incorrect
(I wasn't writing this chapter to be two but it was long so I had to split it and so there are notes that apply to the second half of the chapter and stuff) 

"Let’s not leave out descriptions of actions that characters make, shall we? Not only that, but let’s be really descriptive and slightly poetic, too? “the darkness broke across his face” but idk maybe that’s a bit too much. I won’t use it."
~my notes sometimes guys.

Riku! You can’t just throw “floor 8” at me out of nowhere! We agreed that you’d use the 13th floor format!! Aslkfjdsf (Plus it didn’t even make sense he was like “floor 8 aslkdfj I fought Sora here” and I’m just like asldkfj no. It works but we need you to be angry so you don’t have time to have random mini panic attacks)

(Hint Basement 8 unlike you i fear nothing)

Whoop okay Riku we can be bitter. You’re still a bit stunned about Vexen being fatherly and so you’re just going to respond with bitterness (because you’re either bitter or you just don’t know how else to react it’s one of those two)

Btw guys, let's take a moment to notice something. Riku is perfectly willing to cut through Amaryllis just to get to Xemnas.

Heheh Axel's impatient.

Then the progression of my notes while I'm writing this:
"26 has maybe been in the process of rebuilding Roxas for 15 minutes. Thought I’d point that out.
Oohp nevermind 26 mentions that it’s only been 15 minutes himself
Oh so it’s been the second time in fifteen minutes. *Is thoroughly enjoying the idea of Axel being impatient*"

And a little blurb on Xemnas:
"…Xemnas whatcha doin? You just sittin there doin nuttin? Would it surprise you if he was sitting there letting Axel and 26 argue? I think I remember him doing that during a lot of the organization’s meetings. He’d just sit there and let everyone argue/talk amongst themselves and when he felt like they were getting off the subject he’d just direct their attention back to his point because his point is the most important."

I was gonna have Axel say “well, Riku’s an entirely different story” in relation to Riku not being scared while everyone else is and yata yata but it just didn’t make it in

You know I just realized. Based on what I’ve posted to tumblr, you might’ve been able to figure out what’s going on in this chapter. I mention needing battle music, and I mention Axel. While, of course, that might not immediately lead anyone to make the conclusion that Riku is fighting Axel (especially with these posts spread out over the course of days) but Shad also mentioned that Riku was fighting “what’s his face” which, he was referring to Axel (not remembering Axel’s name/I can’t say Riku’s fighting Axel). Of course, you wouldn’t know he was referring to Axel until just now, but I believe all the information is there for you to make those conclusions. *nods approvingly*

"Show. Don’t tell. Writing a battle. Fast paced."
~my encouragement to myself

Riku’s full of himself. I just. I’m channeling his thoughts more than I am stating absolute truth.

Also lemme point out that Riku’s not at all focused on Roxas and only focused on fighting and beating Xemnas.

I WAS GONNA HAVE A RANT BUT NOPE THAT APPLIES MORE TO NEXT CHAPTER/THESE TWO CHAPTERS AS A WHOLE THAN THIS ONE SOOOOOOO

Fun fact, last time I used Dark Aura was in ch64. alsdkjf

OKAY GUYS I DON'T REMEMBER WHERE THE BREAK BETWEEN THESE TWO CHAPTERS ARE IN MY NOTES I DON'T THINK THERE IS ONE BECAUSE I WROTE THEM AT THE SAME TIME AND THEN CUT THEM

CRAP

Y'know what? Instead of figuring it out I'm just gonna put everything left in this with the next chapter because that works better at least in my head it does

Yeah

Kay

~However you can check out my ch149 tag on tumblr! (Some of the posts are probably about ch150, just so you are warned.)

No comments: