Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I couldn't say no to the boss, now could I? (ch142)

Yayy~ Here  I am~ with an update~ do~in' a blooo~gg

Whee~~~

Yeah

oh

Crap.

Yeah my AN for this chapter is like 15 pages down because this was the only thing I didn't have to touch for the rewrite. Eheh... Bleh

Anyway

Here we go

(also quick warning ever since getting a tumblr my internet language has kind have gone to pot. I seriously have to put an effort into capitalizing things and using punctuation. Idk what happened. I'll do my best.)

First off!! Music suggestions for this chapter!! I have ones for most of these chapters in this sequence. For the most part. Anyway, "Fight the Darkness" and "Chariots of Blood", both by Two Steps from Hell. (KKBeckett suggested them both). You can find both of them, too, under my ch142 tag on tumblr. They're the only posts under that tag, as I didn't start liveblogging my writing on tumblr until ch146. *shrugs*

now the chapter itself:

Joseph is referring to the "Ienzo" sequence of Can't Escape at the beginning here. (I'm beginning to think I need to put up a list of the titles I have for each sequence... because I give them fancy titles and it makes it easier for me to remember them but idk if you follow. This sequence is the "heckuvalong raid" sequence which I might spell "hecuvalong raid" because I saved all my word documents like that because I saved one like that and I had to save them all like that so I could keep them all clumped together)
Anyway, ignore my parenthetical sidetrack, I suppose. Have a fancy link to the Ienzo sequence in case you haven't read it yet
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6902839/54/Some-things-you-just-can-t-Escape

Lol I really don't remember writing my notes for this. But I have:
"What's that grin on your face for?" -- which isn't this scene, but it's a different scene I have bumping around in my head which involves Joseph mopping. And then teasing Riku. He was mopping and paused to lean on the mop like he did here--or was he sweeping? I don't remember...

Also, this rant of Joseph's about what happened in Twilight Town is based on a similar rant he gave to Xion in a... scrap idea I had, in which, when going to magik's universe, he ran into Xion first and had to ask her about Ienzo and yeahhhh

lol I wrote that without looking at my notes, and then I look at my notes and I say "This rant that Joseph gives Riku was the rant he originally gave to Xion. (then should I post the snippet with Xion, because Xion's reaction is better than Riku's??)"
Lol yeah. Lemme see if I can find the snippet with Xion. I might as well.
Actually hang on I should check if it ended up in an extra chapter or something one sec. It's not. Okay I'll just post the entire thing here

~Okay so Joseph (and Toby who's mentioned once) go to magik's universe and they go to Destiny Islands and they end up there kind of late in the day/middle of the night (at least in my head) and that's why they only run into Xion because, y'know, she doesn't need nearly as much sleep. I guess she was down on the smaller island because she just... wanted to be there or something.


Joseph: Xion!?
Xion: huh?
Joseph: of all people to find. I didn’t—hang on. My name is Joseph. I am in the right universe, aren’t I? We never met, but—
Xion: I know who you are.
Joseph: Good! Took me forever to get to this universe, let me tell you—
Xion: Why are you here?
Joseph: I need to ask someone something. Do you know where – actually, I guess I can ask you. Is Xehanort dead?
Xion: odd question… but yes
Joseph: Great! Do you know anyone named Ienzo?
Xion: Zexion?
Joseph: yeah. He alive?
Xion: I… think so…
Joseph: Even better! C’mon Toby, let’s go!
Xion: hang on, why do you want to know this?
Joseph: You know Vexen?
Xion: Yeah
Joseph: Well, the Vexen from your universe came over to ours and he’s been living there for a while. And, apparently, I remind him of Ienzo, when he was a kid. We were in Twilight Town, and there was a Heartless, and he was all like “Ienzo! Move!” and I was like “My name’s Joseph, but okay!” I mean, I wasn’t going to argue. I didn’t want to die! That heartless was huge! But once the Heartless was dead, I asked him about it, and he was like “what? I didn’t call you Ienzo!” and I was like “uh, yeah. You totally called me Ienzo.” And then out of nowhere he was all like “oh my god! Xehanort killed Ienzo! I’m such a terrible parental figure!” and I was like “what the crap!? How do you even know he’s dead?” and he was like “I don’t, but he is!” and I was like “dude, just go to the other universe and--”
(he stops, as Xion is currently laughing so hard she’s crying)
Joseph: what?
Xion: ohmigosh, that—your impression of Vexen is hilarious! Did he honestly freak out like that?!
Joseph: Yes!! I’m not kidding!
Xion: out of nowhere?
Joseph: Out of nowhere!
Xion: That must’ve been hilarious! I would’ve loved to see it!
Joseph: Pity Twilight Town doesn’t have security cameras…

~yeah... See? Xion's reaction was better than Riku's.

Anyway

Back to the chapter.













"Yo!"

Sorry I had to. Just. That face. (He's not even saying "yo" but I really couldn't resist I'm sorry It's been a joke on tumblr as of late last night...)

...

I don't even know what my notes are talking about.

"Okay, now, Riku, don’t spend ages thinking about Namine.
Oh shut up, Riku, like you don’t know!
Eh, why drag things out? *sends Axel in*"

Like. I can kind of gather what I was doing. I just... Okay...

Joseph was going to mention looking for Toby before he checked on Namine, but it killed the flow, because the conversation between him and Riku was taking too long. Reasonably. This all was supposed to happen pretty fast, so even that slight pause killed the flow.

"Hey, Hotshot!!"

Have I mentioned recently that I love Xigbar? xD

Like, seriously, have a rant about it:

…and… going back and giving Xigbar and his clone more lines. (‘Cept I actually didn’t.) Because I can’t give my favorite Org member a few crappy lines—yes, Xigbar’s become my fave Org member, but after Braig in KH3D (well, I think he’s referred to as Xigbar, but he’s Braig, and…) “Oopsy Daisy!” I mean, what villain can say that and pull it off? Only Braig. I just. He’s my favorite. Sorry. Xemnas certainly isn’t my favorite. Xaldin… eh. Vexen is Vexen. Lexaeus is Lexaeus. Zexion is Zexion. Not a fan of Saix. I like Axel, but I think it would be blasphemy if I didn’t… considering he’s a main character now and all. Demyx alright. Nothing against him, I’m just not enamored with him. Luxord’s okay. Hate Larxene as a person, love her as a character. Marluxia… was never fond of him. And Roxas doesn’t count. (Neither does Xion.)

Yeah. Braig's my favorite :D (also I can't make up my mind if I want to call him Xigbar or Braig. It happens. see: Ienzo)

Fun fact! I’m pretty sure that Xigbar has a little tick in his speech (in Japanese) where he ends most of his sentences with “is all I’m saying”. At least, I believe he does. I can’t locate that information again… (it was either in the Days manga translation notes, or Goldpanner’s notes…)

By the way, as I was writing this, Xigbar became plural after a while.

Anddd~~ Vexen's POV time:

Meet Larxene Replicas T and V. They were a set of three, U being the missing one of their set. They'd been chillin' around CO around the time Riku showed up, and when he found them he promptly killed U and sent T and V fleeing for their lives.
Originally, T and V were supposed to finish each other's sentences (I bet U did it, too) but I ended up scrapping it because their personalities came out much differently on paper.

Lol Vexen I don't know why you're questioning if it's Xigbar. He's the only person I know of who spends the entire battle upside down in mid-air. (btw it's not mentioned specifically, but Xigbar and his Clone are both upside down. For a while. Xigbar fight's upside down, y'know?)

"What in the name of all that was good in the worlds was Larxene doing here?"
Except Vexen says Xemnas, but I totally stole that line from magik :D

"Vexen froze."
Haha. Punny.
I kid you not that's what I wrote in my notes

Also if you haven't read the Ienzo sequence this might be confusing for you. Sorry. (I think you've all read it though, considering it took me two months to get this sequence written)

Anyway

That's sort of it??

That's all I thought of while reading through this and copying my notes. I sort of just kept skipping around so I probably missed things. Oh well...

~

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW! This sequence is getting it's own tag/label. "Heckuvalong raid". Why? Because it took me two months to work on this, and because I have a lot of brainstorming and original drafts and all that other fancy stuff, I will have a lot of things to talk about on the blog concerning this sequence. And there will be things going in ASAS. And there will be brainstorms posted here. And a lot of other fun stuff.

Mmhmm.

This probably wasn't that exciting

I think the other chapters get more exciting. I think my notes do. I don't entirely remember. *shrugs*



No comments: