Friday, February 15, 2013

VexenVexenVexenVexenVexen (commentary on ch57 of Can't Escape)

I lol'd at that title. Just so you know.

Now, excuse me one second while I rearrange my windows so that I can properly blog

There, now that that's done

May I start this off by saying that I actually have a scrap scene written of Vexen checking the security footage and eavesdropping on at least one conversation between Riku and Namine? Yeah... I think I'll call that boredom. Or inspiration. Or both. Lol

"Can't breathe!"
Poor Joseph.

"Seventeen minutes, I'd bet!"

Lol, sorry, I don't have any notes on this first part, so... quoting my favorite parts instead.

Which is like... the entire sequence. Haha.

"See? He'll never find out!"
"Never find out what?"

"How long was I gone, by the way?"
"Sixteen minutes."
"Darn. So close!"

now, onto the part of the chapter I have notes about!

*adjusts computer screen, because I currently have a terrible glare*

I'll have to post the extra chapter for this sequence when it's finished posting. I have a lot of extra stuff for it... I actually have a lot of extra stuff, in general. Y'know what? Let me know if you REALLY WANT to see any of the extra stuff, because if you don't REALLY WANT to, I'll just keep putting it off in favor of doing more "productive" writing.

Now, I ended up writing for Ienzo. A lot. I WAS going to push the conversation between him and Vexen on magik, but then they just WOULDN'T SHUT UP and so I had a million snippets from them for this conversation and it seemed pointless to make magik write it when I had a crapton of dialogue I could use.

The random lady that Vexen stops is just a random lady. If you feel like picturing her as someone important, feel free. It's not like it REALLY matters.

"Ack, Vexen! I don't want to drag out this conversation between you and Pi. Stop feeling all guilty for not talking to him longer!"

BY THE WAY! KH1.5 COMES OUT IN EXACTLY A MONTH! *can't wait to watch the Days cutscenes*

Sorry, that thought just came to me. actually, it was because I typed "ack!" which Roxas says a lot in Days

Now, skipping ahead a smidge in the chapter:
Ienzo pauses after Vexen mentions my Riku (Repliku). Wonder what's going through his head? lemme copy it from my notes
“his Riku Replica killed me when I was Nobody… do I tell him? I probably shouldn’t tell him. I don’t want to even imagine how he’d react. To tell him that his Riku Replica, which he appears to care a great deal about, killed me—no. That has bad idea written all over it.”

Oh, and look! somewhere shortly after this is where I took a break to write the R sequence! How do I remember? My notes say:
"Vexen got quiet when I came back to this..."

"Joseph is a lot more..."
"Hyper."
"I was going to say energetic..."

According to my notes, this conversation was hard to push through sometimes. "I knew what I wanted them to say, it was just actually... getting them to say it..."
I actually sort of remember that. Sort of. See how much you forget after a month or two? Sheesh. But, this sequence wouldn't have taken so long to write if I hadn't been having that problem...

"Joseph decided I missed you."
I love Joseph sometimes. Most of the time. He's a nice contrast to every other main character, who's usually angsting. 

Ienzo nearly said "Braig" there. It's similar to how Vexen kept calling Xemnas Xehanort. Or that stemmed from the fact that I have trouble calling Xigbar Xigbar now, and that "Braig" is usually the first thing to leave my mouth.

SPEAKING OF BRAIG!
I was so frustrated. I'm playing BBS as Ven, and I was like "RADIANT GARDEN! BRAIG!" and then I remembered that Braig's only in Terra's story of Radiant Garden... *sigh*

Anyway...

"Has he gone soft?"
That is, by the way, exactly what Ienzo thought towards Xigbar letting him go. Just in case you didn't catch that.

Huh

that's it

for now

This conversation will take another two or so chapters. Whoo!

Anyway, I may or may not post a chapter to Dead Inside today. Depends. I should. I have at least two chapters ready to post. Maybe a third one, but that'll need a few tweaks. It's all Bra--Xigbar's fault!

But, for now, I need to play piano. So I shall do that.

No comments: