Monday, February 18, 2013

I was playing Clue with my family (chapter commentary on ch58 of Can't Escape)

Yeah. My dad won twice, my little sister cried when she turned out to be the murderer. My only regret? I forgot that I had a certain card, and if I had shown it to my mom, she would've won the second game. Sigh.

Oh well

CHAPTER TIME!

~

Larxene Replicas actually do have a purpose. They're fighters. Like the Marluxia Replicas. And the Lexaeus Replicas. Vexen and Zexion Replicas are more... researchers.

Yes, if you hadn't caught it already (I believe I've mentioned it...) there are roughly 100 Replicas in my universe. There were about a hundred and twenty before all the Experiments died. (We're also down somewhere between 15-20 Larxenes, so we're closer to 80 Replicas...)

Though, funnily enough, even though Vexen says there's about 50 in CO and 50 in TWTNW, I actually only have... 15 IMPORTANT people listed in CO. And, in TWTNW, 6 important people (that's only counting L among the Larxenes, though. I know that all the Larxenes are either over there or dead.)

There are three listed Replicas who have aligned themselves with the Organization. I'm sure there's probably more than that, but...

AHAHA yes!! Sorry. I was just looking through my list of Replicas, and Vexen Replicas 25, 26, and 27 aren't in the same set. They're all three in separate sets. That is good. I should've, y'know, checked before I decided to use those numbers, because 26 is with the Org and the other day I put 25 with the Rebellion and 27 with Saix. That would've sucked if they'd been in the same set...

Anyway, that was a side tangent. I really need to get this list of Replicas up on the Blog. Maybe today. I'll do that today... OH WAIT! the colors don't look good with my blue background alskdfjd. Maybe I'll... make the blog layout not quite as dark. Side-tracked. Getting side-tracked.

Now, where was I? Before that side tangent?
aha I'm Vexen!

"29 takes his job very seriously."
He most certainly does.

"Born out of battle." *coughdoctorwhoreference!coughJourney'sEndcoughitycoughhack*
btdubs, this is a call back (I don't think that's the right term) to ch95: "Weapon". Check Vexen's research.

And, yes, I did just use the word neophyte. I think I can cross "use an uncommon word" of the list for this chapter :P
Anyway, I just couldn't think of another word! Neophyte was the first to come to mind and... I just couldn't think of a suitable synonym. Still can't. Whoo.

Neophyte was one of my vocab words, back in eighth grade. I believe it means something along the lines of a newcomer to, say, an art or practice. I think. That's not enough to get a synonym from, though.

Ah, just looked it up (I was curious). It means: "A person who is new to a subject, skill, or belief." And the synonyms are utterly un-useful. So. Neophyte.

Fun fact about the word neophyte! Xehanort calls Ven one in BBS! It's in the flashback where Vanitas is created. Xehanort calls him a "feckless neophyte". Mmhmm.

Moving on.

I wrote A LOT of, not only this chapter, but this sequence as a whole, by letting Vexen rant and then coming back to the rant later and converting it from blocks of text to a story. The first chapter was written largely by doing that, and according to my notes, this chapter was too...

ALSO! I believe I forgot to mention the fact that I really enjoy the whole thing with Joseph lying to Ienzo and Ienzo noticing. I love it for some reason. Idk why exactly, but every bit of it makes me smile for some reason. Whatever.

There was supposed to be a bit in here where Ienzo was sarcastic, but Vexen started trying to analyze the sarcasm, and it was making my brain hurt. So I scrapped it. Very quickly.

Oh is this the Vexen Rambling chapter? Oh. Whoops. Well, there was a thing I said to magik, and it was like:

"Vexen rambles. Ienzo just smiles and nods and doesn't interrupt."

Something like that.

According to my notes, it started because, while writing this, I remembered another thing Goldpanner (that translator) mentioned. Apparently, Vexen rambles. A lot. (And it kind of creeps them out.)

Anyway, so I thought, in my head that: Ienzo has long paragraphs of well thought out observations and comments, while Vexen has long paragraphs of him rambling.

Yup.

What? What is this note doing here? This should've gone with the last chapter! Oh well... it's a bit obvious , anyway, so I'd only be repeating the fairly obvious had I mentioned it. Did that make sense?

Haha, my notes say:
"Well. I guess that’s good. Vexen just tried to say “dachst”. I’ve conditioned myself to not real cuss-words! Whoo! (it’s the equivalent of “damn” though. It’ll end up in my notafic; idk, Colin just started saying it. I have a feeling it’s actually Shadow Tongue, though… (though that foils my plans, because then bachharo is, and Shad would thus understand it when Colin calls him one. Dachst.))"

Not sure when this happened, but according to my notes, it did.

*snort* I love this bit, too.
"Sometimes, I wish I could speak with Master Vex-" *pauses* "You can tell I spend my days surrounded by Replicas."

Anyway, a bit before that, though, Vexen says that--if he was told correctly--they needed full access to the Program to check Namine's data.

I don't think he was told correctly... because they were planning to look through Namine's Coding (data) with R's help.

But... I'm not sure if it's just they can look at Coding, but not edit it, or...
I suppose Riku and Namine didn't think it through, and 7 was just like "R can hack her way through anything. Forget all the things we're restricted from!"
haha, and then my notes are like: "dascht, he should’ve mentioned that! That’d definitely convince anyone in CO (minus a darkness high Riku) to agree to keeping her around. Oh well."

I said "dachst" a lot in these notes...

...

That's it

All I had to say about that chapter.

Now I'm going to go see about the list of Replicas...

OH WAIT!

Yeah, I'm not sure if I mentioned this already, but apparently my Vexen didn't label failed Replicas, and he only labeled Replicas if they were successful or if there was a chance of fixing whatever was wrong with them.
Because, as Vexen mentioned, there's no chance he could've gotten the Replication process down on the first try. So. Considering I know of Vexen Replica number 1 (along with 2 and 3) he just didn't label failed Replicas. 

Yup. That's it. done now. bye.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

How are 25, 26, and 27 not in the same set?

rar said...

They weren't created at the same time. A couple of Larxene Replicas were created between each of them. 24 and 25 are in a set, 26 is by himself, and then 27 and 28 are in a set.