Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"You made us a promise..."

"That you'd always be there to bring us back"

Doing a runthrough of KH3D again, purely for the purpose of enjoying Dark Aura. That, and I wanted to see some parts from the end...

Anyway, notice something about that line? Roxas says us, for starters.

But, second of all

Axel promised Xion that, not Roxas. Not that I'm aware of (and I've played Days recently, so I think I would remember...)

I don't know what that means, exactly...

Xion's speaking through Roxas? Idk if the weird physical state they're in allows for that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Felt like pointing that out

(Roxas said us! They're bringing Xion back! Somehow! Not sure how they're doing it, though)


ANOTHER thing I noticed

This is the second KH game where it's like FINAL BOSS WHOO and then you fight a story-necessary-but-really-very-easy boss only a couple of minutes later.

That make sense?

Let me elaborate:

See, you fight Xehanort

Then you go and fight Ven minutes later, technically making him the final boss
well, it's not Ven: it's Sora in Ven's possessed armor, because Ven's armor just couldn't handle all the darkness *sniffle*. I wrote a oneshot based on that, btw. If it didn't suck so much I'd post it...


It's like Days!

There's this BIG HUGE battle against Xion

then you go fight Riku, technically making him the final boss


I thought for a minute there that there were other KH games that did this, but I can't think of them... KH1 didn't, KH2 didn't, CoM didn't, BBS didn't, Coded... Coded doesn't count. That wasn't FINAL BOSS, watch a cutscene, now fight story-necessary-but-easy-to-beat boss. That was FINAL BOSS, oh wait! YOU AINT DONE, go run through Castle Oblivion now. Coded is a Troll. lskdjf

FF7 did that, though

The final battle is technically this really easy battle against Sephiroth where you just have to spam your limit to win... but you were fighting Sephiroth before that, so I'm not sure if it's quite the same...

Oh well

Thought I'd point those things out

Gonna go get some lunch

Then it's on to the World that Never Was!! WHOO!

No comments: