Monday, January 28, 2013

Oh yeah...

I was looking through my files, and I found this


and figured I should post it...

This is Kairi's new outfit (though she's not wearing Sora's necklace in the pic... shh, just pretend she is)

see ch134 if you don't remember her getting a change of clothes...

Anyway, sorry the scan sucks and Kairi's incredibly pale. I colored this in weird lighting, so her skin looked fine until it was scanned... I tried to mess with the lighting of the picture to fix it, but there's only so much you can do about skin not being dark enough

notes about the picture:

Yes, her belt should be going through the beltloops of her shorts. Idk why I didn't draw it that way, but I didn't notice until magik pointed it out

Her hair's not quite the Kairi hair you'll all immediately recognize. But where I am in the fic, timing wise, is between "KH1" and "KH2" so her hair's not incredibly short, but it hasn't grown out yet. I tried to reflect that in the picture... I think I made her look like Kairi enough to be recognizable

No, you can't see her shoes. Sorry, but the base I used also lacked shoes... but her shoes probably aren't much different than the shoes she wears in KH2

The color of the shirt's a bit weird. It was originally supposed to be more pink, but then it looked weird (probably because I made her shorts khaki...) so I made it purple

Idk what happened to Kairi's bracelets. I'd like to believe she kept them. I think I just couldn't figure out how to draw them, and so I didn't... (I'm referring to her KH1 bracelets, btw)

Sorry if the pose is weird. I used this pic as a base, because it's easy to adapt Rin to look like Kairi, and that was one of the few adaptable pics of Rin that I could find that detailed the entire outfit

I'd add a note here that Sora's easy to adapt from Len, but I actually use Len as my base for all my guys. I've used him twice for Joseph, twice for Riku (not a good idea... Len's a skinny stick of a thing and Riku's not) and at least twice for Sora/Shad. I'd use Kaito as my base for Riku more often (I've done it once!), except Kaito wears this weird outfit that's not conducive to adapting to look like something else. And finding a pic of Kaito not in that outfit is a nightmare.

That's all the things I can think of about this

Uhm

no, it's not on deviantART at the moment. I'll post it there later.

Yeah

that's it

1 comment:

KKBeckett said...

Oh, look at Kairi! She's growing up!