Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sheesh! Another chapter? (commentary on ch135)

Well... If I'm doing a special Christmas Chapter, I want to be closer to 150 chapters before I post it. At least somewhere in the forties (but from the looks of things, it'll be ch143 or so if I want it to be close enough to Christmas.... agh)




So, uhm, this video has a few KH3D  clips... nothing major spoiler-y

I really liked the video, too. Very nice Riku tribute. And stuff.

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndLP0r_tr8A

So, uhm, also linking to that video because Threadstotwelve (the editor) is really hoping to make "Best editor" of the GMV awards this year, and this is their submission (or their submission to the "best effects" category, anyway) and I'm trying to help them out.

Partially because they're one of my favorite editors on youtube, but also because they've had a really sucky year, and I know winning this award will probably make it up to them. For the most part.

You don't have to go watch it if you don't want to.

Anyway

I'm going to make this quick because if I want to get further than 143 chapters before Christmas, I need to get writing (I might only make it to 138... Idk, maybe I won't pressure myself... (like last special chapter...))

But, at any rate, I'm going to have to finish posting this sequence before/at least around Christmas. So... I do need to get writing, in that aspect...


So, quick review reply to Flightfoot
(this would be on ch134)
"Sounds like the necklaces have it figured out before Sora and Kairi have"
What's funny, is that was EXACTLY what I thought when I wrote it. Well, ALMOST exactly... I was going to point it out in-story, but the only way I could do that was to have Kairi think something along those lines and.. Idk, it just didn't happen
I'm very glad that Sora is believable! I was kind of just writing what he was throwing at me, but... yay! *throws confetti* I've had a lot of worries about this whole thing with Maleficent being... off/not working/going to be absolutely impossible to pull off properly


Now, to the chapter

Hi Demyx!

And 26 (that's the Vexen Replica). I feel sorry for him...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the beginning of Namine's sequence. Those first three lines just--

yeah.

I love writing for R, btw. Just going to throw that out there now (though I'll undoubtedly end up bringing it up again...)

Anyway, so, the idea for R -- showing up and demanding to be killed an all that -- has been around for a while. Since, uhm... whatever chapter it was where Namine faked a meltdown. R was supposed to show up in a Can't Escape chapter that detailed what was going on while Riku and whoever else was in TWTNW (I think that was the time where they found Toby...)
The chapter was scrapped, but I kept the idea

There are some differences, though. Like, massive character development has been done on R since then, and she now is infected with a virus and has more of a reason to kill herself than "Riku's going to kill me eventually!"

R was also a lot... meaner in the original draft

Also, I need to find a writing style and stick to it for consistency sake. Because, really, it's like "this is the kind of style I feel like writing RIGHT NOW" which could (does) vary from chapter to chapter. And occasionally within a single chapter.

So, I'm not sure why I decided R wrote viruses and managed to infect herself with one.

Actually, I have reasons why she accidentally infected herself with this one...

But I'm not sure why I decided she wrote viruses in the first place. I remember writing some scene between her and Q, and that just came out on the page. I think. I honestly don't remember.

which... I will have to post that scene with R and Q in ASAS. Later. Working on this sequence now, and that scene needs to be edited for continuity before I post it.

Oh, this didn't make it into the story itself, but the rogue Replicas that Riku's off dealing with are two Larxene Replicas. X and W. They are most likely good friends.
That's all I know about them.

Ack! I look at "Code" and read "Cole" before I realize "wait a minute! That's a D, not an L!"

7, stop that! You are not in this chapter. Stop trying to suggest that we keep R around, too! (Though, now that I've written farther, I understand why he wants to... *shifty glance*) *will further discuss this next chapter*

There's actually a reason why Chrys got all weird around R, but it's only briefly mentioned in the scene between Q and R, and I doubt that the complete story will ever be mentioned. Ever. Lol.

Yes, she just said "oh poop"

Riku, why are you so serious all of a sudden? Seriously... (lol)


Anyway, uh, yeah, that's it.

Time to eat dinner, then probably go to church, then sift through this sequence and make most likely necessary edits

oh! Nearly forgot!


art by e1n on deviantART


Now, dinner...

No comments: