Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rar, why are you posting things at nearly 2 in the morning? (commentary on ch127)

Well, it's two in the morning my time, anyway.

It's just cause I should go to bed, but I don't think I'm tired enough to go to bed, and I'm not awake enough to do anything else, so I'm posting a chapter.... whoo!

Sorry for the lack of video, again. Next post. Probably.

I'm going to direct you to the blog about the last chapter I posted, because it also has some things concerning the new blog. Just in case you haven't looked at it (I've posted quite a few posts since then, so... posting a link to be on the safe side...)
http://rarmastersftpverse.blogspot.com/2012/09/i-should-be-writing.html

Anyway, let's start with review replies!

Oh wait, first of all, I'm NOT going to be interrogating Maleficent or Xemnas. Sorry. I thought about it, and remembered exactly why I didn't want to do it in the first place - it takes about two weeks per question thing, and even if I might squeeze character development out of them, it is going to be absolute torture to write. I feel bad, because Flightfoot asked a lot of questions, and Cookie had some really good ones... however, I could be spending that month doing something else. Like getting farther in Dead Inside.
(Granted, since it would only be a character at a time, it would probably only take a week per character. But that's still 2 weeks I could be spending doing something else.)
So, sorry guys...

Now, onto review responses. All of them are from ch126 of Dead Inside.

Peach: Yeah, I'm not a fan of 23 either. He was cool at first, and then... yeah...
I won't say anything about Q. Not yet.
And yes, I do know about the KH1.5 HD thing. Sadly, I lack a PS3, and the money to even get myself a 3DS. So, it's kind of low on my list of things I want to get (granted, I will probably get it eventually. That is KH1FM they're bundling with it). I mean, I'm excited for the Days stuff, but it'll just be cutscenes. I can download those from the internet. KH-Vids.net will most likely have them up shortly after the game's released. KH13.com will have them up sooner, but I'm partial to KH-Vids. *shrug*

Flightfoot: Agreed. And, by the way, I laughed really hard when I first read that.

KKBeckett: Didn't say anything that I feel the need to reply to...

Cookie: Finally meet Q! Her role ended up being a lot smaller on paper than it was in my head. Ah well.
Yes, 2 days. Time in my universe even confuses me. I might have to look over my calendar again... But, really, we're getting so much crammed in because events that only take a few hours end up being about 10 chapters long. That, and I cover what happened to Riku during a certain amount of days, and then I go back and cover what happened to Sora during that time. Or, in this case, it's the other way around. We got Sora's side of today - he's either in Agrabah or just left - and now we get Riku's!
whoo!
Yeah, I can see how this chapter doesn't seem important. It sets up for the next chapter, which leads directly into the one after it, which leads directly into the one after it, which leads directly into the one after it-- There are some times where this would be better read as a novel and not something I update about once a week...

Now, onto the chapter!

Fun fact: This sequence combines three major plot points. I killed three birds with one stone, and I am now... lacking crap to fill Riku's side of the story with, while Sora has a ton of crap going on. Oh well, I think I fixed that problem. We'll see.
Anyway, this sequence does combine three major plot points. I suppose one of them may be a minor plot point. But... yeah.

Also, a random note, these two chapter touch a lot on the subject of betrayal/wounded relationships.

Betrayal's a theme that's actually popped up a lot recently in my head... *shifty glance*

2 was acting extremely like a Vexen Replica here. I commented that I don't think normal people think through things like this so thoroughly.
Which they probably don't, and that's why Vexen Replicas are Vexen Replicas.

KKBeckett mentioned (when she beta-ed this) that it's kind of strange that 2 only just now figures out that his ability to remember everything is limited to things he's focusing on. I couldn't think of any way to change this, though, because it  flows well... I suppose I should've tried harder. Sorry about that.

Oh, I'm going to eventually have an extra chapter in ASAS posted for this sequence. It'll be more like the "Beasts Castle" extra thing than the "Agrabah" one. I'll probably wait til the next chapter is posted to start organizing the extra chapter, and then I just have to get around to posting the extra chapter...

Here's this whole spew from my notes that I'm just going to let you guys read. It's sort of important, though I haven't been thinking about it much recently. I'm sure I'll start thinking about it again, though...
I’m going to start doing a bunch of background development on most of the Replicas – like Alpha. I haven’t worked out everything about Alpha yet, but Q has a pretty thorough backstory, as does R, and I’ve been hearing a lot of complaints from everyone about a Marluxia Replica named Chrysanthemum who goes by “Chrys”. I haven’t done any writing for Chrys himself, but I think I’ve learned enough about his character merely from what everyone else is giving me. Anyway, I also want to explore what happened to the first 10 Vexen Replicas, though we know of five them. On top of that, I want to sort out just in what order all the Replicas were created. Random things, I know, but I’m suddenly very curious—it’s Alpha’s fault, really. (Because of what he said in the question thing about having his three best friends stab him in the back and all...)

"You have a scythe at your throat. How, exactly, do you plan to kill me?"
I still really like that line for some reason...

In fact, there's a lot of quotes in here from Q that I like. Pity we only really see her in one more chapter...

"I forgot about the Berserkers..."

I've got a few scenes with Q in them I'll have to post in ASAS. Just for further understanding of her character. Maybe after I post the next chapter to Dead Inside...

"I'd love to care, but I kind of have three Berserkers after me."

Okay, there are quotes in here not from Q that I like. I just like this sequence. It's different. Different is nice once and a while - because if you got different all the time, it wouldn't be different!
lol
sorry

"Why is there always a raid when I'm trying to take a nap?"
Poor Amaryllis...

Oh, I forgot to mention sooner, but there were a ton of facial expressions Q made while I was writing this, and I had no clue how to portray any of them on paper. That's the sad thing about novels - certain things can't be described with words.

"Hate to interrupt your reunion, but, uh, 23's missing."

That's it.

I'm out of notes-- WAIT A MINUTE NO I'M NOT!!

See, when I started writing this, the fact that they were in a corner of the Main Room wasn't -- uh... I didn't realize how important it was going to be. But it was nice that I decided to put them in a corner (near a exit into a hallway, too) because it gives a quick exit to Vexen, a quick entrance to Amaryllis, keeps Q away from Riku, AND keeps them all out of most of the action. So, they get a few stray Berserkers, and not much else, and thus can talk for quite some time without much of a bother.

Though, Berserkers - when they come after you - are a PAIN! I don't care if I AM over level (level 42 when I only need to be level 36) in KH2, those things KILLED me. I haven't died a lot in this round of KH2, mainly because of the massive level grinding I did before Timeless River, but one of the few times I did die was because of the Berserkers!

Being over-level is nice, though. I didn't realize how easy those boss battles are - and I'm on PROUD! Like, this is easier than my first run-through on NORMAL was. It took me forever to beat Demyx in my first playthrough, and the only reason I had to fight him twice this time around was because the stupid water forms and Wisdom form just don't mix. You can't kill them fast enough while in Wisdom form.
But, even the Xaldin battle, which I've always had trouble with took me one try. I didn't even build up my gauge enough to drive and accidentally trigger anti-form -- which was still possible, even though I had triggered it twice before that battle.

However, I do miss the challenge. I'll have to go through this again at level. Make it so that it's not too EASY, but not ridiculously HARD, either. I'd like to save a battle of each of the Org members, for the sheer sake of "I feel like fighting Xigbar!" or "How the crap does Saix fight? Let's fight him and find out!" (Not that I'd forget how Saix fights. He stands still until he goes Berserk, and then he's a pain in the butt. It'll be nice to beat the crap out of him when I get there.)

So, uh...

I should go to bed now.

4 comments:

KKBeckett said...

How big was Q's role in your head? What else went on with her?
What 3 birds did you kill? Can you say?

rar said...

There we go! I had to open this in Firefox because Chrome wouldn't let me display the comment page, for some reason...
anyway
In my head - I don't know. Thing just went differently in my head. Like, everything that ended up making it into the chapter - next chapter, actually - was supposed to be a small part of the conversation, and not the entire conversation, like it turned out to be. Which is fine.
And, arguably, her role still is large in my head, but none of it is going to come up in-story. Stuff will be posted to ASAS, though... soonish...

What 3 birds did I kill?
23's betrayal, Q showing up, and then that sequence I just sent you.

KKBeckett said...

Yay for stuff in ASAS!
And.... yeah... that's quite a bit of stuff!

rar said...

Yay!
I know. Hence why I'm lacking crud to fill Riku's side of the story...