Wednesday, May 27, 2015

ATR ch31 - THINGS...!

These are some neat things I think you should check out

Drak and Gigi's playthrough of Sonic 06 has been put on youtube, so, there's that for your easier viewing pleasure!
Please check it out, even if you've never played a Sonic game in your life (especially if you've never played a Sonic game in your life). It's really good and also absolute trash... in a good way.

I wrote an Earthbound fic a week or so ago, maybe read it? I think it's rly good. (if you'd rather have it on tumblr...)

Check out my Kairi blog post

And, me talking about Undertale (Please try the Undertale Demo..... please....)



I wasn't sure which mix to post, but, then I remembered I made this and am really proud of it, so, hello! Have this mix!



Art source is here (this artist is so good, check 'em out) 

Tracklist / tumblr reblog link esta aqui!

Also don't worry about the minor Mother 3 spoilers presented in this mix--I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand times, if this is the only thing you're spoiled on, you'll be fine. There's more to the game than just this.
(In a way, I suppose you could compare it to going into Chain of Memories knowing that the Riku you see in Sora's story is a Replica before you've even played it but knowing absolutely nothing else about it...? Hmm.)


Chapter time!

Read it here

tumblr tag

I'm really excited about this chapter! We're getting really close to Things!

Also, I suppose I should say up front that this chapter was initially supposed to include a scene of Aerith/Riku cutting their hair, but every time I sat down to write it, I just couldn't make myself.

You can read the few paragraphs I managed to pound out + the full brainstorm for it in ASASch84, though!!

Let's talk about the rest of the chapter




The part with Ven came to me really vividly one night while I was falling asleep—specifically, the bit on him wondering about using the Keyblade to get Vanitas out of Sora except “Eraqus is dead also I don’t want to involve Aqua with this”


And I thought that was Really Good so I wanted to make a scene out of it—also touching on Terra’s Wayfinder more is something I wanted to do


I don't have any notes on the Kairi scenes, actually!

More on Riku and Aerith's haircuts:

Riku cutting his hair was inevitable, but maybe you're a little surprised by Aerith's? Well, that comes from this tumblr post:



And I thought it looked really cute, plus, last time I cosplayed Aerith I was short-haired Aerith because I cut my hair, so.... yeah!!! That!!! That stuck with me,

I WAS GOING TO ACTUALLY WRITE OUT AERITH CUTTING RIKU’S HAIR BUT I PHYSICALLY OCULDN’T BRING MYSELF TO CARE ENOUGH ABOUT IT TO DO IT, ALSO I KNEW IT HARDLY WAS IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT like I’d like to mention they cut their hair, but I don’t need to dedicate an entire scene to it

I literally couldn't bring myself to write it, and finally I was like WELL NEVERMIND SOMEONE CAN JUST MENTION IT

I also made a post on what Riku's haircut looks like here, since, I don't actually picture it like his KH3D do


These are some important notes though

Aerith went off-world to get her hair cut bc a) HB doesn’t have that sort of place yet and b) it’s too early in the morning for one to be open in HB

Also consider: Aerith mentioning “it was Aqua who inspired me to cut it she ended up asking me if I had scissors so she could cut her own hair and I offered to do it for her and then I was thinking about it and idk” “it took you a few days to actually do it though” “I was waffling. Plus I had to find somewhere that does haircuts like I only trust Leon in this house w/ that and when it comes to chopping it all off…….” “you chopped mine off” “yes but I figured you’d appreciate me doing it more than a stranger”

That comes from a headcanon someone on tumblr had pointing out how Aqua's hair is choppier than Kairi's/Xion's and they were like "it almost looks like she just cuts it herself when she gets sick of it"

WHICH MAGIC BROUGHT UP IN REMNANTS, BTW, in the Lilo and Stitch chapters

I, I can't find the post again, though. Sorry.


The idea behind Riku making good pose study is that he when he reads he will stay in one position for about five/ten minutes and then move to a new one, so Namine can practice sketch out his pose every time he moves to a new position.

Laughin about these notes

Sorry Leon

Leon is Definitely talking to other/new residents in town either “working with them” or “having a meeting with them, he hates being in charge, but there isn’t anything else he can do”


Destiny Islands tech is, like??? actually I’m not sure how to put a date on it but probably early 2000s. Old enough that you have one (old, clunky, only just capable of internet connection) computer per house and still have landlines. I wanna say 2002/2005 ish tech?? Specifically. 

No comments: