Wednesday, April 22, 2015

ATR ch24 commentary

I don't have much to say but there's a new Steven Universe tomorrow that I'm REALLY EXCITED about!!! It looks so good!!!!!! I say when I've only seen a ten second promo and am basing my excitement on what the last two seconds implied!!!! OH WELL I HOPE IT'S GOOD!!!


I made a post on Mother 3, why to play it, and the means to play it twwwooo days ago which was Mother 3's anniversary. Whoo!



This is a revamped Joseph mix! The first mix was alright, I guess, but I wanted to make a new one with songs that were actually relevant to his character and not just "upbeat/positive songs I know of". I guess it ended up with a couple of repeats from other places, but, I dunno! I think it's nice.

Also, it is relevant to this chapter, so there's that as well.


Chapter Time!

Read ATRch24 here

ATRch24 tag




I'm really excited for this chapter because this is where we introduce Even!! And I love Even!!!

There are a lot of differences between Even and Vexen, and while I don't have a concrete list of them, I do hope they become apparent as the story progresses, because they feel REALLY distinct in my head and I want to portray that! (The most obvious difference between them is Even is more laid-back.)

Also I'm kind of laughing at myself for loving Even so much he currently has very little screentime sweats


Initially I was going to send Kairi or Aerith after Vexen, and while it didn't happen, I laughed at the idea of this sort of conversation:

“Can you tell me where vexen is it’s an emergency” “I’m Vexen” “THANK GOODNESS” “Emergency?? Of what sort? IS RIKU OKAY???”


Also I think this from my brainstorm is Good


Even wants a sample (WHY demands vexen BECAUSE SCIENCE even replies)


I GET THINKING ABOUT HOW AERITH LOSES HER MOM, ZACK, THEN HER WORLD WITHIN THE SAME YEAR AND I GET SO SAD

Kairi’s mom’s name actually came from someone on tumblr I made a general post like “kairi’s mom needs a name” kind of not rly expecting anyone to answer but then one of my followers was like “how about mira” and I was already leaning towards Melissa/Marissa for some reason so Mira had the same flavor but was shorter, not the name of someone I know irl, and sounded much more right when it comes to the idea of Kairi’s mom I have in my head

Initially there was gonna be a thing where Riku went “WELL SINCE WE HAVE TWO SELF PROCLAIMED GENIUSES HERE CAN ONE O F THEM FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED” buuuuuuuut I had the conversation go like five other different ways so I had to cut it

WEH I’M UPSET ABOUT JOSEPH

I actually considered not having him yell at Even (though the original draft was much harsher and he got a lot angrier, so maybe that contributed) but then I realized that this is kinda vital development for Joseph??? So, hi, hello, here it is


No comments: