Monday, December 29, 2014

Another BBS-ish post

Updates for ATR are still on hold for a bit!

I know I haven't kept up the usual tradition of "flooded w/ christmas fanart" this year, and I wasn't intending to keep up with it, but this one is too cute not to post!!

a Kingdom Christmas by teaelleharris
It's Aqua babysitting itty bitties and it's really cute (do you see Sora covered in bows though bc look at that dork)

Anyhoo

I haven't posted anything to ASAS, but I have posted two KH fics that can be taken in FtPverse context, if you'd wish


Aqua's overleveled (kinda)

Finishing Birth By Sleep again (specifically playing the Secret Episode) made me realize how powerful Aqua's spells can get, and the Heartless in the Secret Episode proved very hard to fight, and it got me thinking about how she must've really fought for her life for all those years---also, those Heartless dropped a lot of exp and I must've gone up ten levels while playing it

Leading me to think about just how high of a level and powerful Aqua's spells have gotten after so many years in the Dark Realm

It was specifically going through Aqua's character profile again (as you can see, it's been updated, as have Ven and Terra's, with BBS specific info) that got me really pumped about ridiculously powerful Aqua who can just casually decimate every group of Heartless she runs into

An anon on tumblr also requested a fic with overleveled Aqua, and seeing as I already had some vague ideas for one, it just kind of snowballed from there---what got written was just Aqua and Ven sparring, however, but it was still a lot of fun to write!!

You can read it here (or here on tumblr, or here on AO3 if you so wish)

Full bloggin about overleveled Aqua plus chapter commentary can be found here

It was a very fun scene to write!! I love expanding the Aqua/Ven dynamic, and the battle was a lot of fun to write! I also got a lot of compliments (well, two) on how the battle was written, which I thank everyone for!! Not that I'm sure if anyone is going to read this thanks but thanks.

I might write battle mechanics like that in a future? We'll see. I'm not sure.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and I'm quite proud of it! I hope you'll enjoy it

Oh, and, while it wasn't posted as a part of FtPverse, I was very much channeling FtPverse Aqua and Ven, and would like to consider it FtPverse canon!! I didn't want to post it as FtPverse for fear no one would read it (plus it hardly reads as FtPverse anyway), but, well, as I said, I'd like to consider it as FtPverse canon, and you can certainly consider it FtPverse canon as well!


Whatever it takes

This is a re-imagining of the final Ven vs Vanitas battle, which can also be considered FtPverse canon! I didn't initially want to post it as FtPverse, but over time I've really grown fond of considering it the FtPverse rendition of the battle.

This one probably isn't as interesting as the Aqua and Ven scene, but I still like it, and since it's at least a little FtPverse related, I thought I should let you know about it!!

You can read it here (or here on tumblr, or here on AO3 if you wish)



That's all I had to say!!

I already said that Aqua and Terra and Ven's profiles had been updated, but here I am saying it again! They've been updated with more specific BBS-related info, and Ven's has been updated with FtPverse related continuity stuff that I've changed since replaying BBS and thinking some things over

(Plus I was borrowing headcanon ideas and stuff from another person and have since realized that while I love those ideas they do not fit into FtPverse canon)

No comments: