Saturday, September 13, 2014

Chapter 246 Commentary: Epligue part 2

Welcome to the last chapter! Is this the last blog post? Oh no. Did you think I was gonna stop after Dead Inside? Yes? Might wanna double check the books bar on the left hand side in that case.

The short story is now that Dead Inside's done, we're moving to book 5, otherwise known as "All that Remains" (it being similar to magik's "Remnants" was completely unintentional. again)

When will book 5 start being posted? Well a week or so break is probably fair, just to give you some time to relax after Dead Inside. I can't wait too long though, I've got a sequence in it that lines up with something in magik's Remnants.

In fact, if I didn't have a sequence planned to coincide with magik, I'd probably have waited on book 5 and gone straight to the Nothing's Fair rewrite. Yes, that's still a thing.
(I'm actually going to stop in the middle of book 5 to rewrite Nothing's Fair haha sorry)





"Rar, didn't you have some Big Thing planned for the end of Dead Inside?" Yes I do! It's called The Dead Inside Package--more details will come on it in a later post. For now, you can check the Thanks/Acknowledgments chapter of Dead Inside, or my FFnet profile for the basics.

Hey, and if you want more ending-celebration stuff, check out the endgame tag on the FtPverse tumblr

Chapter Time!

read ch246 here!

ch246 tag on my tumblr!


I loooooooove the Yen Sid and Mickey conversation. I love Mickey. I always think it's funny that he was the character I was most intimidated to write initially, and now he's probably one of my favorites to write for. Then again, I have few characters I don't like writing.
(Like, Xemnas and Xehanort and Maleficent aside of course--not that I have to worry about Maleficent ever again. Hopefully. *shifty glance*)

For some reason 30 Seconds To Mars makes me think of Mickey?? Or just??? I listened to it near non-stop (the "This is War" album) while writing the Disney Castle sequence and here I am listening to it again bc I figured it’d make good mood music
Very strange

Whoa Mickey speaks in short sentences that don’t drag on they’re just short no conjunctions huh that’s strange
And you’re probably like “well rar he doesn’t have to” BUT IT FEELS SO WEIRD OT HAVE HIM GO “sora’s had a long day and deserves some rest” having him say “sora’s had a long day. He deserves some rest” feels so much more natural


I remember there was a chapter of the Days novel where Riku ended up back on the islands and he nearly passed out from the familiarity. That's basically just happened to Sora.

This is something I considered but didn't go in:

Sora: I didn’t exactly have access to clean water and did you expect me to take a shower while staying with maleficent??
Kairi: oh god no. no. that’d be weird. That’d. I don’t blame you”
Sora: good
Kairi: you still stink
            Sora: you’re the one who wants us to go swimming
Kairi: yeah and then you’ll smell like fish instead of… sweat and…?? blood?? Whatever else that is


Conversely, I listened to the Lumineers while writing the SoKai bit

Though, "Oceans" by Coasts (or the Coast, I forget) is definitely the official song for that scene.

And of course Passion--specifically that Kyle Landry + Josh Chiu version--is the ending theme. Though I guess you should listen to it while reading the Thanks/Acknowledgements chapter because that's the closest thing this is gonna get to end credits, haha

No comments: