Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Commentary on ch204

FIRST OFF IMPORTANT NEWS
I AM CURRENTLY WRITING THE LAST CHAPTER OF THE DISNEY CASTLE SEQUENCE

AFTER THIS IS ENDGAME
JUST STRAIGHT INTO ENDGAME

DEAD INSIDE IS ACTUALLY ALMOST OVER I CAN SEE TEH ENDING THIS ISN'T A VAGUE "omg i'm close only this many sequences left" IT'S RIGHT HERE
THIS IS THE LAST SEQUENCE
ENDGAME AND THEN
I'M DONE

I'M DONE

AHHHH




anyYWAY this is a live and acoustic performance of what might be my new favorite song. I just think this song is beautifully hilarious it's great
(you can listen to the original here)

CHAPTER TIME

read it

tumblr notes


What fourth wall? Shad was definitely thinking that. it was all him.

Actually there was a thought I had that some people see Shad like a heartless meaning a black form but with real obvious yellow eyes so if he closed them then wha-la, no one can see him. they can only see the darkness that composes him and that’s a little obvious but if he’s in the shadow’s it’s harder

In which I stopped giving a damn about holding back Shad’s dependence on Sora
(for the plot to work it needs to come up, anyway, and being as close to endgame as we are….)

Denizen always makes me think of Twilight Princess


IDK SHAD SEES SORA AND
EMOTIONS

HA
THAT'S WHAT MY NOTES SAID


PART OF ME FEELS RAELLY CHEAP FOR JUST SAYING VEXEN’S BEEN KIDNAPPED BUT LIKE
I DON’T WANNA WRITE IT
LEMME TAKE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE
WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER
Y’KNOW????

There was gonna be a thing from Axel about like “the program ran smoothly while our Vexen was alive because he would stand up to Xemnas but this Vexen? hahahahaahh yeah right” and Riku was like “he has a point there” but it was excess and no thanks

ACTUALLY FUN FACT I had an entirely different convo with Axel planned but then I got the line in my head “well it’d be a shame if this Very Important Piece of Paper burned, now wouldn’t it?” and I just
I had to rewrite it to include that because come on
It’s such an Axel thing to say and tbh otherwise they were all?? Nonchalant about him being there and believed what he said about Vexen which isn’t a total surprise he’s a fairly liable source of information 80% of the time
But
He betrayed them and stuff so yeah they should. Totally. Be more wary of him

I could post the original dialogue but I'm too lazy to hunt it down and I'm sure no one actually cares tbh
(maybe after Dead Inside I'll upload the extra doc to google docs and make it available for all of you to look at that'd be fun right?)


WOW THIS IS UPSETTING no one wants to believe Namine wow uhm wow Riku way to be a jerkhole
(he was such a jerkhole to the point where I actually called him an asshole I normally don't do that I usually just use jerkhole)

I think dead inside is a collection of dark corridors opening and interrupting people/answering questions
Much like SPM is a love letter to mario’s mustache
And TTYD is a collection of people getting his name wrong

I’M  LAUGHING WHAT THE HECK DID I FIND IN MY NOTES
Oh and hey even if someone suggests saving Vexen Alpha can be like “so u h no that’s a bad idea we know have a man on the inside that is great this is super great yeah we’ll leave him there for now I guess besides Xemnas would just kidnap him again it’s not worth it really besides Vexen’s not gonna die or anything and I’m sure he’s super good at stalling there’s no rush har”
I???? I’M GRINNING THO

Idk man Riku’s “good riddance” seemed sorta bland in terms of descriptors but then I realized that that for the most part those words are so bitter you don’t need descriptors the words do enough

I went into long lengths to decide how much Riku knows about Xehanort and I concluded
            He knows Xehanort and Xemnas are synonymous
            He knows magik’s Xehanort made Vexen make 6 Replicas of him
            He knows one of those Replicas threw magik’s Kairi off a cliff once
            He does not know Xehanort killed Zack
That’s it
That’s all he knows
So he’s got a general “Xehanort is bad” sort of sense but it’s not personal and therefore he doesn’t care

AND ACTUALLY it was going to be a big thing about Xehanort and I even made a lot of posts about it on tumblr but then I realized. Yes, Alpha was legit worried Vexen got kidnapped, but he also has been nagging Vexen to be a man on the inside, so I had to balance the two
Alpha is logical enough to realize Vexen having been kidnapped means no way to communicate with him meaning he can’t be a double agent meaning etc
But he also is logical enough to realize that rescuing Vexen is a suicide mission and the logical conclusion from this point is to figure out a way to contact Vexen and make sure they can keep contacting each other


I emphasized a lot in this chapter how much Riku doesn't like Vexen along with Riku in general just not being an actual hero
Here's a post on tumblr I made about it (it was in the ch204 tag so you may have seen it)

It's all about Riku not actually being a hero--at least I wouldn't describe him as one--and I didn't see the need to type it up twice and take up space so I'm just going to link you too it

Namine being super done with Riku and his crap is making me really happy tho because seeing her be anything but 100% okay with what he does is great and it’s great set up for book 4.5 and makes her not-an-accessory for Riku which she’s. sort of. Been. Ha. haha. [nervous laughter continues]
But yeah it’s just making me really happy to see her be done with his crap.

No comments: