Friday, February 28, 2014

ch203 commentary also a reminder

So the most important thing here is Dead Inside has been edited to include refs to ASAS and Can't Escape when they're necesasary
(Wow that was phrased much better than I initially put it)

Basically, you can read through Dead Inside now and it will tell you "hey there's something in ASAS that goes with this chapter" or "hey there's a Can't Escape sequence going on rn" and it includes chapter numbers which are really really handy

For more info see my previous post which talks about it!


Now please please please watch this video, especially if you are a Kid Icarus fan and even if you're not. It's got an amusing story and nice animation (I've definitely seen worse) and Palutena is literally badass throughout the entire thing. It's great.

Also you should treat yourself to some electroswing which might just be my new favorite genre of music
(I'm not sure if it's in that mix, but if it isn't, please also look up "Bad Boy Good Man" by Tape Five because that's one of my favorite electroswing songs)

Chapter time!

read it!

tumblr tag!
I mention in here a scene that I wanted people to remind me to talk about, but then I squeezed the scene into Dead Inside. (In ch202. It was the scene with Donald and Goofy taking Sora up to a guest room.)


Apparently Sora went willingly with the wolf after it hurt Cloud but that’s not happening heh.
Like if you want some context here's the initial brainstorm (which is a good 7 months old):

You didn’t think of coming here right away? (Tifa asks) I know keeping Sora inside and hiding from the wolf isn’t the best idea, but—
(She stops, because Cloud lifts up his shirt, revealing the what-will-be-scars he got from battling that wolf)
Oh.
(Cloud nods and lowers his shirt.)
Besides, I offered it. Sora said no. He actually went with it willingly, after I got hurt. He said he didn’t want it hurting anyone else.

Of course Sora didn't go willingly (it was faster and easier for the wolf to just knock him into a different world)
Also Cloud references the wound on his arm instead because he actually got that one in-story. He may still have scratches on his stomach from the wolf, but I sort of doubt it.
(It made more sense to reference a wound you readers knew he had than introduce a new one)

Kairi wait your hair isn’t long enough for a ponytail
(I was imagining her with a ponytail and while it's like one of my favorite things people have come up with for fanon KH3 my Kairi's hair isn't quite long enough for a ponytail. Well it could manage one but she doesn't have a hairtie last I checked soooooooo)

Kairi and Cloud have actually never met but since Kairi was with Tifa and Cloud was with Sora they learned about each other. and plus Cloud sees Tifa and he knows Kairi is with Tifa and there are only so many red haired girls who would know his name

And Tifa probably pointed Cloud out to Kairi


It is literally disturbing how many people haven’t seen Sora before his scar tbh
Everyone in Disney Castle (minus Mickey) met him post-scar
Tifa met him the night he was injured
Roxas never saw him before it either--he may have residual memories of Sora without it but he never actually saw Sora and talked to Sora before it
Same with Ven. He probably has a concept of what Sora looks like without it but he's never actually seen Sora face to face. (Hasn't yet, actually. They've only met metaphysically)

and like it's not an incredibly long list (I think it comes up to seven people)
but those are just main characters. There are going to be a bunch of minor characters who Sora will meet later who will always know him with the scar and
sigh

WAIT DO I SAY THE QUEEN OR DO I SAY MINNIE WHEN I’M IN SORA’S POV??

Eventually I’ll fall out of the habit of addressing her as Queen Minnie just watch
(9/10 times I type Minnie first anyway so)

I CAN’T TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM I CAN HEAR BOTH MINNIE AND DAISY IN MY HEAD FOR MOST OF THEIR LINES FRIK YEAH FRIK YEAH FRIK YEAH

Whoops it’s dinner oh well different timezones and stuff *jazz hands*
But then again how long has it been since he clocked out tho LOGICALLY IT’S BEEN A WHILE he collapsed it wasn’t a nap he’ll be out for a couple hours so
Mmmmm idk
Tho they were planning on going to find an inn back in Hyrule so he would be ready for like sleep and stuff and then the wolf so
He’d sleep for at least 8 hours. Logically.
(They’ve been checking up on him periodically)


I literally do not regret rewatching House of Mouse since then I have been able to peg distinct voices for Mickey and Donald and Goofy and Minnie and even Daisy
I have been able to connect the characters in KH to the characters you see everywhere else because I guess if I can see them running a dinner theater I can see them fighting an evil dude who’s obsessed with the letter X
Suddenly it’s all clicked it’s not vague memories conflicting with what I’m seeing in the games
They are the characters who everyone loves nothing has changed about them

THE WORRIED LOOK GOOFY GIVES SORA IN COM IS JUST AN EXAMPLE
DONALD’S ATTITUDE IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE
And did I mention the way Goofy and Sora kinda sit and laugh at Donald losing his temper is frikken adorable

SORA AND DONALD AND GOOFY ARE ADORABLE IN GENERAL LIKE I GET FEELINGS ABOUT MICKEY AND DONALD AND GOOFY BUT SORA AND DONALD AND GOOFY ARE GREAT TOGETHER WOW THEY ARE SO UNDERRATED AS A FRIENDSHIP
I’m really really really really sad that that’s one of the things I had to sacrifice for my fic’s plot maybe I can make up for it in the future I don’t know (I probably won’t)
I get real sad sometimes because for my fic to work I had to kill all of Sora’s relationships with other characters
There is no SoRoku brother feels
There is no Sora and Donald and Goofy friendship
It’s upsetting

I did a post on tumblr about this too--though it's in ch205's tag
As a warning, it gets into some KH fanon lore and also universe lore that I haven't touched before and really regret
Actually I should've put on like the FtPv page that if I'd change anything I'd integrate the lore because wow I love thinking about it and it was sorta a thing in the Truth Hurts but then I dropped it

but the Universe was bent out of shape because of Riku and then Sora fell into darkness and that basically screwed it over because Sora's supposed to be the hero he's the one who will open the door he's the one who will mend what has been broken
Yet him falling into darkness ripped that all from him now he doesn't have all the connections and friendships necessary to be that hero 
(and now I remember why this went with 205 because 205 actually brushed that lore)

AND THEN GOSH I'M HAVING FEELS ABOUT THIS. I HAVE SO MANY FEELS ABOUT THIS LORE AND I REALLY REALLY REALLY REGRET NOT INCLUDING IT
(Like if I write a book 6 it will be because of this lore and how much I want to explore it and literally for no other reason)

No comments: