Monday, July 29, 2013

ALlllrighty! (ch158)

things you probably missed but most likely want to see

Namiku blog

and that's it

First order of business!



A video?

Yeah, well, it's a promo video for a FF7 web series that actually doesn't look half bad! It's going to be live action--which threw me for a pause--but the costumes are spot-on, and the acting doesn't look too bad, either. (Plus, you literally have professionals running this project as a hobby. Yeah. Yeah it's going to be at least semi-decent quality.)

Anyway, the video's 12 minutes long, but only the first 5 minutes or so are important. The project has a kickstarter page--since this is a hobby, they'll need money from somewhere--which is right here. (I'm not saying you have to help fund the project, I'm just putting it there in case you want to and can. I would but I don't have money and even if i did there's other stuff that money would be going towards so)

Second order of business!!

Review replies

ch156 from KKBeckett

Get in line, haha. You're not the first to be pissed that Roxas was forced to forget Xion.

As for the charm? Well... it could. It certainly could speak again


VERY IMPORTANT REVIEW REPLY HERE

ch157 from Organization Number 15

That would be Oblivion. I can't mention it by name because it's not my style (plus idk who actually knows the names of any Keyblade in my universe. If there was someone it'd be a different story). And then, of course, Axel decided to be lame on describing it, but it was a tossup between "inform readers that Roxas now has Oblivion" or "keep Axel in character". I leaned more towards keeping Axel in character (which means describing the basic aspects of Roxas's new Keyblade and nothing more) but hopefully a few of you readers got the hint.

Plus, how would you even explain Oblivion? I mean, the hilt is one thing, and of course it's black, but the teeth of the blade? Look like a Japanese Kanji. And, uhm, I don't think I have a character who would notice that. I mean, it's really only a joking canon that Riku can speak five different languages including Japanese, but still, I don't think he'd take the time to point out "hey that looks like the kanji for darkness huh" even if he did notice it.

So. Yeah. Over-explantion time over.


ch157 from Peach

Like I said, there's a line forming for everyone who wants take a swing at 26.


ch155 from KKBeckett

Teehee. Feels. Totally not sorry

As for Riku and Namine ever discussing the fact that Riku sort of feels like he's a failure... well... that gets swept under the rug, sadly. They should talk about it. Like, this is totally something Riku should talk about because Namine could totally help him, but...
Idk if I'll have time to squeeze a conversation like that into what's left of Dead Inside. It might come up. It might not. I'm fairly certain I don't have the time to dedicate an entire sequence to it.


ASASch49 from KKBeckett

I think Vexen's POV was my favorite out of all them. I think. (Idk 26's was nice and Roxas's was Roxas and Rooxass) But, regardless, I really like Vexen and his POV of this chapter.


ch156 from Peach

the voice was Terra. He has Terra's wayfinder.


third order of business!!

The chapter and it's commentary (which I meant to do an hour ago but my dad was watching Doctor Who and it's distraaaacting)

So, convenient link~~

And commentary:

eeee I open this chapter with Namiku being cute

ALSO I MADE UNINTENTIONAL FORESHADOWING BACK IN CH155 AND IT MAKES ME REALLY EXCITED BECAUSE I LOVE WHEN I DO THAT
I mean intentional foreshadowing is nice but unintentional is even better

7 isn’t here because he doesn’t usually participate in these sorts of conversations (as much as I’d love for him to be here and antsy about not having the database/repair program). Neither do 19 or 29, really, but 29’s paying more attention to Joseph, and I might need 19 there and I’d rather have him there and not need him than need him and not have him there and have to rewrite. You get me?

Shhh Riku doesn’t know Joseph and Toby learned that from Tifa (he wasn’t coherent then) but you do and it was important (okay not really but I wanted to mention it geeze)

Wow that’s a large block  of text maybe I should break it up….

Instant headcanon: Alpha has Main Computer functions on his laptop. (He didn’t put the database on there because wow let’s just give them EVERYTHING if they find this laptop. There’s a reason the database was only on one external…)

Alpha’s exaggerating a bit: they can’t rewrite them on a whim. Edit, probably, and change minor bits of coding that could cause problems. But an entire rewrite would need a Replica to be disabled and be hooked up to a computer and all this other stuff. Oh and yes now they can just be disabled with a press of a button, really. From the computer. At long range. Because they have Main Computer functions. (Saix’s snap-and-disable-a-Replica thing is still in effect, but we know it doesn’t work on anyone that isn’t in a fifty foot radius of him, soooo)

Alpha, you're still being a jerk.

R COULD DO THAT (hack the security cameras) BUT SHE’S DEAD

Haha I make an extremely useful character but then I kill her off

I considered having someone comment on Namine’s meltdown but I think they all know by now when one’s happening and that you shouldn’t bother Riku when it does

She’s trying to hold it back. Trying so hard. trying so very very hard to just hold it back. She’s just like “no. No. I will not scream thank you. I will not let this get to me.”
She’s not going to scream guys. Not in pain nope. She is very insistent on it not happening and I think I’ll let it not happen.

It’s actually only been a week (and a half-ish) since her last in-story meltdown, and provided she didn’t have one over that week gap, then, yes, it has been a week since her last meltdown. That’s not too exciting but any time when she doesn’t have them is good (also it’s been over 30 chapters since the last one SOOOO)

No really the only reason Riku’s in his room is because his ceiling looks like the sky and he loves it and Namine so much and he just really loves his room now because his ceiling looks like the sky
It goes no deeper than that
His ceiling looks like the sky and Namine painted it for him and that’s all that matters.

YES OKAY WE CAN TOUCH ON THE TELEPATHICNESS THIS IS FUN

OHMYGOSH IF THEY CONNECT IN THEIR BRAINS FOR EVEN A SECOND RIKU’S GONNA GET WHIPLASH FROM THAT MELTDOWN too late he already did

THe pARalleLS are kILLIng mE

rIKU STAHP (I would let you if I could but it’s just too soon) I think he was trying to kiss her on the forehead and it's just too soon for that 

(also Riku got really sappy at the end ahahah oh weell)


THAT'S IT!

YEAH

Oh wait here my notes on tumblr, too

Now we're done

No comments: