Thursday, June 6, 2013

"Oh dear... you don't think Xemnas is Replicating himself, do you?" (ch147)

(convenient link to the chapter)

SO!

No music suggestion this chapter

And

Uh

I can't think of anything else, so let's just get started!

~

There are actually... 5 or 10 Replicas that can fully utilize the Program. All the ones that are left are 26 and 37, and maybe a rogue or two. I know Vexen Replica 1 could fully utilize the Program, but he's dead now. Whether or not 3 could use the Program or not I haven't decided, but 3 is either rogue or dead. So. Axel wasn't going to be able to get his hands on him. Alpha may or may not be able to fully utilize the Program. He has a very good understanding of it, and I'm not sure if that's because Master Vexen (my Vexen) trusted him with the knowledge, or if he just picked up a more-than-basic understanding of it over time.
Also, R knew how to utilize the Program to it's full extent, but she's R and she's also dead. :(

As for why not every Replica can utilize the full Program, instead of just a few, well, with over 100 Replicas, you can't just give them all knowledge/access (I keep changing terms perdon). That's why my Vexen chose the 5 or 10 Replicas most loyal to him, y'know? Makes sense.

Also, currently, both the computer on Floor 2 (the one that's been the Main Computer since the beginning of Dead Inside)  and the computer on Floor 13 (the one 26 is using) have Main Computer functions. Alpha didn't move the functions to the external, he copied them. There's a difference. (If you're any good with computers you should know that.)

Lol, I said Riku was rude and snarky and disrespectful. Except I think the definition of snarky is actually "rude and disrespectful". OH WELL!
(Vexen's just being redundant xD)

Vexen you're so funny. You and Riku both. We're in the middle of a crisis here, and you're both staring at each other in an awkward tension because Vexen let something fatherly slip from his mouth.

Riku's not worried about Axel bringing Roxas back, btw. His eyes go wide because he's remembered. Because he's realized "oh, that's what Axel's doing..."

Also, lol, I put this little note to myself:
(“He’s bringing Roxas back” Alpha says, having just come to that conclusion (Riku was already at that conclusion from the moment he remembered what Axel said)

~WHOOPS! just realized this note is in the rant below oh well have it twice probably makes more sense in context, anyway

this is the continuation of Vexen's rant that got cut off
Axel and Roxas were friends—as much as they could be without hearts. Except Roxas had a heart. And Axel… Vexen wasn’t sure about Axel. Vexen was never sure about Axel. But that was beside the point.
Axel and Roxas were friends.
Axel said “bringing a friend back”
That meant… (“He’s bringing Roxas back” Alpha says, having just come to that conclusion (Riku was already at that conclusion from the moment he remembered what Axel said))
He was obviously referring to Roxas. What other ‘friend’ could Axel be referring to? Axel didn’t have very many friends, from what Vexen could remember. Not in this universe, anyway. He didn’t seem keen on making any.
But why would he bring Roxas back? Was such a thing even possible?—well, of course it was possible, otherwise Axel wouldn’t be trying. Still, though…
He’d never thought… that Axel would
Stoop so low? were the next words to cross his mind. He didn’t think that was what we wanted to say, though.

~anyway

I questioned revealing that they're bringing Roxas back as soon as I did. I was planning for it to be a big reveal at the end of the sequence, but it seemed highly illogical to keep Riku, Vexen, and Alpha (three very smart people who are good at deducing things) from coming to that conclusion. Also it made things more complicated and it was just easy to reveal it sooner

Also... as for bringing Roxas back...

I know I said I wouldn't. I know I was very adamant about not doing so.

It's just, at the time, I wasn't intending to bring him back. I really wasn't--I had no reason to and it seemed stupid to bring him back just because I wanted to.

Then me and Cookie started talking about it, and he gave me this idea (along with some other ideas about Roxas that I'm not telling you xD) and I fell in love with it. Of course I was going to try and work it in.

And I'm actually really glad I did. It helped me flesh out my sort of thin plot (it gets sorta thin from here on out), plus I absolutely love writing for Roxas! Like, I've written some later scenes with him (just for funsies) and it's a lot of fun!

So... yeah. Bringing Roxas back.

~

Those were all my notes/important things I needed to say. Check out the ch147 tag on tumblr, too!

No comments: