Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"I don't think there is anything this Program CAN'T do." (ch148)

LOT OF BIG STUFF HAPPENED LAST NIGHT OR I MIGHT'VE HAD IT UP YESTERDAY

BUT

KH3 GUYS

here I made a post about it
(since anonymous comments are disabled, I guess we can't discuss it (not like there's much to discuss) like we have with the KH3D trailers. Mmmmm, maybe later on down the line when we get a more in depth trailer we'll worry about it)

also look Joseph has a face claim now
(tumblr post about that)

And I spent the past week writing a 40 page Mario Party Prompt where I sat Joseph, Toby, Riku, and Namine down and had them play Mario Party for 50 turns
yeah
They're all under this tag on tumblr
(I'd link you to part 1 but it doesn't link to any of the other parts soooooo)

~

Anyway! I'm sort of glad I typed this up, oh, Sunday afternoon? Yeah... I don't think I really could make myself do it right now because KH3 along with SSB4~~!

Have a trailer for SSB4

and another

and then an 8-minute interview

I know it's not KH3 but I really love Super Smash Bros okay? Okay!

Chapter time!

Let's-a-go!

(convenient link to chapter)

~

No music suggestions for this chapter. (Again it's not battle-y enough)

and then my commentary/notes

heheh my notes:
"Oh, okay, we'll be in Riku's POV for this chapter"
(five minutes later)
"No I want to be in Riku's POV. Alpha be quiet!"
(two minutes later)
"Okay maybe I will be in Alpha's POV. aslkdfj"

I'll admit, some of my own beliefs leak into my characters. I'm very much uncomfortable with bringing back people from the dead for no reason/only because I want to. (Hence why I was adamant about bringing Roxas back before. Villians are something of an exception, as you can't expect much different from them.) Of course, I brought Roxas back becuase I wanted to, but also because he helped my plot. Sure, he complicated things and will make this about 100 pages longer than it'll need to be (60 pages are this sequence, and I wouldn't be surprised if 40 more are used on him), but my plot was getting thin, and he filled in most of the gaps. (Similar how adding Pete into the Maleficent and Sora plotline fixed everything.)

But, in this case, I don't think I had much of a choice. Someone--if not multiple/most people--had to believe that bringing Replicas back from the dead is wrong. (I suppose it might be different if it was hours after a Replica's very much unfortunate demise, but, even then... I think my Vexen would've just created a new and completely different Replica to take their job rather than rebuild them.) If no one believed that, it would be more commonplace.

Also, Axel didn't try sooner because he wasn't sure how to get the Program. And if it'd work. It only works in theory, and in theory wasn't going to be good enough, not if he was going to convince Xemnas. (Plus he also had to hunt down someone who could work the Program and wasn't 37. 26 likely avoided him for a while there...)

Heh, that moment where I remember Riku's hearing is excellent and that he probably hears the things that people mutter under their breath.

SPEAKING OF RIKU'S HEARING! (There's really no better place to put this)

So there was this character question sheet thing I was doing and one of the questions is "what's your character's most dominant sense?". I'm not quite sure what "dominant sense" is. The one they use the most? The one that's most acute? Not positive, but my answer to the question was Riku's hearing was the best. (I probably didn't answer the question correctly but it's still useful information.)

Why hearing?

Well, he has heightened senses (at least sight and hearing anyway) because he was built for battle and you have to admit, heightened senses would be useful.

And, while great eyesight is nice and all (and Riku's eyesight is pretty decent), his hearing is about 10 times better. Why? Because what good does great eyesight do if your back is to your enemy? Of course, I doubt Riku'd be stupid enough to turn his back on an enemy, because I hear that is one of the worst things to do. But if someone's sneaking up on you, unless they aren't touching the ground, they are going to make some noise. And if Riku can hear that, then he'll be better off, in terms of battle. Able to identify where the enemy is (at least a general area), even if he can't see them. Y'know?

I think it makes sense and I'm fond of this idea. *nods*


"Writing Riku from other POVs is actually sort of uncomfortable I don't like it"
lol, idk, that's what my notes said. I don't think that applies to Namine, though?? I'm not sure. But I wrote Riku from Alpha's POV and from Vexen's POV and I think it threw me off. (Not that I remember very well this was two months ago?)

Oh, hey, I must've rewritten/edited this scene because I just found notes that applied to things that happened earlier...

I said:
"Mrr this subject needs to be easier to discuss or something idk why I'm having so many problems with it laskdfjsodifsjflsfnsl"
~the subject of bringing a Replica back, anyway. It was hard apparently (at least judging by Alpha being uncomfortable about explaining it. I usually have characters do that when I'm not positive how to explain it).

Then again I think that mainly had to do with him (me?) being antsy about the morals of the subject, because you have to admit bringing people back from the dead isn't something you can discuss lightly. But Riku was only asking for technicalities so I was like "forget morals!" and went from there.

But, just so I explain this thoroughly, Rebuilding Replicas is a lot like... well, it's possible if you have their File. Their File contains all their information; physical appearance, memories, traits, yata yata, and you can just build a Replica using that File and it'll turn out pretty much exactly the same.
It's sort of like having a game file, on a memory card. Say you break the disk. So long as you have the file on a memory card, you can buy a new disk and you're game will still be there.

Did that work as analogy?

Also, rant about a mini-headcanon, now!

Vexen/Even was at least involved with a couple of the experiments that Xehanort did, and considering they were seeing what it took to (unless I'm mistaken) turn turn people into Heartless, you can't say that all of those experiments were entirely humane.

Also, Ienzo might've been involved with a couple of those experiments, too. You know the interest he had in such things. (He was the one who suggested building the lab, was he not? Or was he just the one who convinced Ansem the Wise it was a good idea?) And I don't think I can see Even keeping Ienzo away from the experiments, regardless of how protective/over-protective he may have been. I'm sure he would've nurtured that love of science, because that's probably all it was to Even. In fact, it's Even. He might've been thrilled that Ienzo showed interest.

~anyway

Well

Actually those were all my notes, and I finished reading through the chapter and couldn't think of anything else to say...

Check out my ch148 tag on tumblr!

~

ALSO KH3 GUYS

THOUGHT I'D REMIND YOU OF THAT IN CAPS

LOOK I HAVE KH TAG ON TUMBLR

SOME KH3 SPAM IS THERE BUT CERTAINLY NOT ALL OF IT I TAGGED 1 IN 3 POSTS

(but feel free to browse my tumblr for E3 excitement that's cool. Not all of it's tagged, but anything in the last 24 hours is probably E3 related)

No comments: