Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"Where do you think you're going?" (ch143)

AND THIS IS WHERE I STARTED REWRITING THIS SO I'LL HAVE A LOT OF STUFF TO POST YAY

Things to expect for this chapter

  • a possible "extra" chapter in ASAS
And... mmm... that's it? It's not a lot of stuff, so I might clump ch2 and 3 of this sequence together. We'll see.

Now, onto the chapter itself~!

Music suggestions: "All the Kings Horses" and "Norwegian Pirate", both by Two Steps from Hell, and both can be found here, under my ch143 tag on tumblr.

And now to my notes:

Fun fact that I just noticed: magik's universe, to Vexen, is "his universe". To Riku, it's more like "that other universe that I never want to think about again". He may have been born there, but he doesn't belong there.

Writing this felt a lot like writing research notes for Vexen, honestly. Not I'm terribly surprised. Isn't life often just one big experiment to him? And research has always been his thing. So.

Yes, Xigbar is now plural :D

It was KKBeckett's idea to have this short little battle with Xigbar. I don't think it was as BAMF as I'd originally intended--there's certainly a chapter later in this sequence that I think outdoes it--but it was her idea.
The fact that it isn't completely BAMF nor is it a chapter and a half is my fault; but whatevskies

Also, I thought I should mention: Both Xigbars are upside down. It wasn't mentioned in-story (it might've been mentioned once...) because Xigbar is always upside-down when battling. At least, he is in my head. I mean, he is in the KH2 battle. As Braig as BBS, he spends half his battles (one against Terra then one against Aqua, if I'm not mistaken) upside down. (I know he goes upside down a few times when fighting him as Terra. I fought him yesterday. I can't remember off the top of my head whether or not he's upside down at any point during the battle against Aqua, but I don't see why he wouldn't be.)

And... well... those were all my notes on this chapter. Well then.

~

Alright, let's talk about some stuff I remember.

Originally, when writing this, I was going to have a few other Organization members show up. I'd actually intended Demyx show up, but he was killing the flow of the battle (oddly enough, considering water practically defines "go with the flow" :D) and it was a bit much and he wasn't entirely necessary. Xigbar and his Clone were doing enough.

Oh, but there was another idea I had, on this Demyx showing up idea, that involved Vexen (or maybe 7) freezing all of his water forms solid. Because those things are annoying. And Vexen should be perfectly capable of freezing them solid, should he not?
Anyway, but since Demyx didn't make it into the chapter, neither did this. Oh well.
Here's the link to a chapter in ASAS that has those scrapped Demyx scenes, though!

And... that's it. Oh well!

No comments: