Friday, February 22, 2013

Asdlfkj magik! Stop posting on the same day I'm going to post, lol (chapter commentary on ch59 of Can't Escape)

bleehhh
(btw, there is currently one update over in Dead Inside)

I'd feel a lot better about this if I didn't randomly have writer's block. Like, it's bad writer's block; not "ugh i don't know what to do" but "eh, I don't feel like writing"

sakfjslfjslfkjsdlf

(This dachsted raid! I don't know why I can't write it! It's not like it's that different from any of the other raids! But I just alksdfjskf)

Hmm. I should really start posting AMVs with every post again. I still have a lot of them.


Anyway, this has been a favorite of mine for a while. gotegenks is an impressive editor ('specially with fast-paced stuff, like "Dreams") and... yeah.

Yeah

TO THE CHAPTER! *cue music*

Fun fact about this; Ienzo goes through the Organization in numerical order. (This is actually something I do quite frequently). I originally was going to have him mention Lexaeus first, but... eh. Numerical order.

"Then again, knowing Luxord, he'd gain more munny gambling than he would lose."

lol

and, of course!

"You're analyzing your emotions, Vexen"

heheh

Poor Vexen. He needs to stop having so many panic-attacks. It can't be healthy.

Another fun fact! Most of this was written in a journal. This bit right here. With him panicking about Larxene.

oh! And, in the original draft, Vexen actually mentions he wants to strangle Larxene. I ended up cutting that...

Lol, Vexen. I went and looked up the original draft, so I could see what he said exactly in regards to wanting to strangle Larxene, and I come up with this:

"I know that, rationally, going and hunting her down to strangle her isn’t going to get me anywhere, but that doesn’t change the fact that I want to"

According to my notes... actually, I'll just copy this directly:
"Agh, I really need to not go to bed when I have a rant sitting in the back of my head. I keep losing these darn things. I'm pretty positive I've come up with three different rants concerning Vexen's anger towards Larxene. Can I remember any of them? Nope!"

It's funny, Twilight Symphony's rendition of Lake Hylia (or is it the Fishing Hole? Rutela's Wish? One of those from Lanayru!) reminds me of Dire Dire Docks from Super Mario 64. This might be influenced by the fact that Kyle Landry plays piano for the Twilight Symphony, and he's done a Dire Dire Docks cover.

Hello Joseph!

I do math in the air. Don't you?
Algebraic equations are visual, after all

Lol, though, Joseph probably didn't need to do that equation in the air. He's 12. He should know off the top of his head that 15 divided by 3 is 5. But... whatever. I wanted to have him do something. And he could've been... checking himself...

According to my notes, I considered the idea of having Joseph pull a dictionary down from the shelf and have to sit down because it's so huge. Because there are dictionaries that exist that are flipping huge (we own one).

And then I went into something like, "Joseph's not much of a kid, so he'd actually probably be okay lifting a dictionary" and then from there I started talking about the fact that my characters are probably stronger than me... I mean, Joseph's three years (nearly four! alsdkfj) younger than me and shorter than me, but he's probably got more arm-strength. My seven-year-old sister does, for goodness sake!
I bet even Namine's stronger than me...

Oh, yes, that was a reference to how long Dead Inside is. Currently *checks* Dead Inside has 527 pages.

This idea actually came from a few chapters ago, after Joseph and Toby left magik's universe, Joseph mentions (mentioned?) something about it taking ages to explain everything that's going on in my universe to Ienzo, and Toby was like:


Toby: would it really have taken that long to explain?
Joseph: Probably. I know Ienzo – Zexion – whoever. They’re all the same, and they’re all really curious about detail. Do you how much detail is involved in what’s going on in our universe? If I were to write a book about what’s going on with the Rebellion alone, it would be over five hundred pages, okay? That’s how complicated this all is.

which actually started as Joseph saying this:
"Our Replica Program is sooo messed up right now. Like, if I were to write a book about all the technicalities, and exactly what happened and stuff, the book would probably be over five hundred pages. And that’s a lot of pages."

But I changed the quote when Toby asked... because it flowed better, I think. I don't remember.

*rocks out to the Stallord battle music*

Aww... that's the end of the chapter... I wanted to talk about Heartless naming... oh well

next chapter

(which will be the last chapter)

I might post something to Dead Inside today. But I probably won't. So.

No comments: