Tuesday, November 13, 2012

No witty title. Commentary on ch33 of ASAS





















so, I was gonna post this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwfK5ei6-jU
but then I thought "naahh..." and went with this one (the one you see above) instead

~~

So I wrote this chapter, actually, for the scene at the end of it, which sets up for a separate scene. However, I felt like starting it off in Namine's POV for some reason, and I knew that I had to get the snippet with Toby in, so I just figured "what the hey? Let's just do snippets from EVERYONE!"

Yay! *throws confetti*

Notes for the sequence with Namine:
"It was suddenly very important to her/him that--" I use this phrase every now and then. And it makes me think of Mendanbar. Every time.
*coughy'allshouldreadtheEnchantedForestChroniclescoughycough*

"Nothing else mattered"
And then I couldn't resist adding the "Not a thing" after it. Couldn't resist. (Hint: Floor 8)


Notes for the sequence with Toby:
So, I remember bringing this up in a different blog post a while back. Toby being a conduit for energy and all.

Fun fact: Toby is the third Weapon made, but only the second successful one. There were many attempts to create Weapons for quite some time before that, but all of the original attempts ended up having too much energy and didn't last long past creation.
The first Weapon who made it out of creation was a boy named Cain, who wasn't much different from Jill and Toby. However, he lacked that set limit of energy inside of him, and ended up frying his data. Master Vexen (I think that's how I'm going to refer to my Vexen from now on) resolved that issue when he made Jill.  Of course, Jill had attitude problems, and so Toby was created.

I have a lot of back-story stuff like this concerning not only the Experiments but various other Replicas. I actually went and made a list of ALL the Replicas created in my universe -- did you know there are 120? Well, more like a few short of a hundred, given how many have been killed recently, but still! Nearly 100 Replicas!!

And that's not even counting the ones Master Vexen didn't number/name. Obviously there have to be a few of those, because there's no way he got the process of Replication down on the first try.
But this is a rant for another time.
I'd upload that list to the blog, but it's color coded and I haven't had the patience to sit down and redo all the coloring in blogger. Eventually, though.

"Sixty-four percent of the time, I think I said."
Love you Joseph.


Notes on the sequence with Q:
(well, sequences, since there's one from 2's POV then one from Amaryllis's)

So I realized that, by pure accident, all sequences I've written that focus on Q start with dialogue. It's now become my personal goal to make sure this continues.

Anyway, I wrote the snippet from 2's POV, because I wanted his opinion on Q and Amaryllis, but then I had to swap to Amaryllis's POV so that you could hear what he said to Q.

Days has brought to my attention that most everyone in the Organization refers to TWTNW as "the Castle". That's great and all, and would totally make abbreviating it easier, but considering Castle Oblivion is my main base of operations, I think using that would confuse people. Ah well. (Why do I have a nagging feeling I've said this all before?)

Ugh, Q, stop trying to nickname Amaryllis! I mean, I like the idea, but-- actually, now that I think about it, the way his name is pronounced totally negates all possibilities of that being a nickname. (I'm pretty sure I pronounce his name wrong in my head, leading Q to shorten it based on how I incorrectly am pronouncing it, and not based on how it should be pronounced.)

Now, Q, we are in Amaryllis's POV!

lol, Amaryllis is just being all secretive because if anyone *coughRikucoughitycough* finds out that he's going to meet a Larxene somewhere, he's going to be in... trouble. I don't think trouble's the right word, but you get the point.

~~

Review responses time!

That is, if I haven't responded to any reviews yet

Holy shmokes, I don't think I've replied to reviews in a while. I guess I keep forgetting.

Let's start with Dead Inside~!!

ch130 from KKBeckett:
Lol, not much to say about this, except that there actually aren't a lot of Larxene Replicas left to kill. When going through and creating that list of Replicas, I kept killing ones off. It was going to be necessary, though, given the fact that there isn't a lot of room left in Dead Inside to kill Larxene Replicas. If Larxenes (minus L) weren't forbidden from going on raids, that might be another story, but since they are I have to find other ways to kill them all off.
Anyway, the only thing that this changes is that Riku doesn't kill all 26 of them. However, he wasn't going to have, anyway. Amaryllis and Axel have each killed one. So...
Yeah, this rant was kind of un-important. Let's move on!

ch130 from Flightfoot:
Eh, yeah, the meltdown wasn't as disjointed. I wanted to make it focus on that one memory, and besides that it was an overall goal to have it just focus on Larxene.
And, yes, it was the pain of the memories that caused the pain she was in, and not the memories "converging" on her. It happens sometimes.

ch89 from whoever "the ha" is:
Well, I'm a bit frustrated at this person (they have the 500th review! arrrggghshh). However, I won't voice my frustrations, because that would be opening a can of self-doubt that I managed to get shut, so I'll just leave this here to complain that they got the 500th review. Grargh.
Not that I was hoping for something epic for the 500th review. I just wanted something that isn't that...

reviews from KKBeckett I don't really need to reply to...

ch132 from Flightfoot:
I'm not entirely sure what to say about this, I'd really just be confirming what you already said. But, yeah, Riku's  frustrated at Vexen for not stopping Larxene, and also for treating him no better than the rest of the Organization did, and also because now he goes around acting like he's Riku's father and Riku's like "what the crap!?" (and still glaring at me, might I add)


ONTO ASAS!
whoo!

Eh, only KKBeckett's reviewed... ah well

ch31 from KKBeckett:
Yeah, uhm... *isn't entirely happy with this chapter and would at sometimes like to pretend it doesn't exist* 37 and L are just hopelessly ew.

ch32 from KKBeckett:
Y'know, I don't know what it is about Leon that just screams "I read!" but... he does, apparently.
Nah, it's not bad. I do have a nasty habit of making it rain during battles/bad things happening in HB. (wrote a scene just tonight where I was like "MAKE IT RAIN!" and then "WAIT NO! NO RAIN! I make it rain ALL THE TIME in HB" lol)
Yeah, the fact Riku doesn't weigh much is what makes Cid say "that's just unnatural".
Part of that is, because, Cid expected to end up like, hurting his back or something lifting Riku (though, that might be a bit of my own dad - who has back problems - leaking into Cid...) Well, at any rate, Cid went to pick Riku up expecting Riku to be heavy and then he wasn't: you should know how it is to pick something up expecting it to be heavy and then find out it isn't. We've all (most likely) had it happen to us before.
Anyway, that, and, Replicas just tend to be light. (According to my canon, at least. I'm not positive if it's canon throughout the entire KHverse, though)


Anyhoo, that's kind of it

I think

*has a nagging feeling I forgot something...*

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

You did mention the Castle thing. But it was to me.
Also, Xion = light Replica.

rar said...

Ah. Okay.
Idk, you could also argue that the Organization is just freakishly strong =P