Friday, November 30, 2012

Jack Frost lives in my fridge (commentary on ch35 of ASAS)

And Jack Frost takes great pleasure in freezing my water and keeping my food from thawing.

I ain't kidding you.

My coke was slush the other day, we always end up with a water jug that's about half frozen, and the meat takes way too long to thaw... It's terrible.

Lol.





want more BBS AMVs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eE5l0X95eE

that's another good one (and fits the tone of this chapter, too. Mmhmm.)

Now, instead of sorting through my notes and picking and choosing what I want to post, I'm just going to give you the entire rant (similar to the commentary I did for... which ever chapter had Zack's Death in it. "A Date with Fate" it was called, but I can't remember what chapter number it is)

~~

Yes, the chapter title is just the music title for what if I remember correctly plays during this battle. Am I lazy? No. If I was lazy, I would've left it as "Aqua vs Xehanort"

So, I started this scene forever ago because Aqua was yelling at me. I’m not sure how it made her feel better, but it must’ve (or it didn’t, and so…) ‘cuz she walked away about halfway through it and left me hanging there and I was like: “dangit, Aqua!! I need to finish this!!”
And then, the other night, Xehanort was like “INSPIRATION!” and I was like “Xehanort I hate you, you’re so cruel, but it’s inspiration, so--” *writes*

Btw, this happens sometime after she's taken Ven to the Land of Departure and transformed it into Castle Oblivion. 
I WAS going to edit the scene to reflect that (like, Xehanort showing up outside of Castle Oblivion before leaving) but it totally killed the urgent feel of the beginning, so I just left it alone.

So, I changed “That had to be Terra!” to “That was Terra’s voice – confused, shocked, but his voice!” only to realize that Xehanort was kinda using Terra’s voice the entire time, so…
yeah...
It got changed back.

(Not that any of what's being said sounds like Terra, but it's Xehanort using his voice so it needs to sound like Xehanort. I can hear old man Xehanort saying it in my head, so, that means it works, right?)
New plan for writing Xehanort: just channel old man Xehanort, because it seems to work

*about halfway through, when I started picked this up again to write*

BRAIG.

BRAIG

YOU ARE NOT IN THIS SCENE.

THIS IS NOT ZACK XEHANORT IS FIGHTING!

KINDLY LEAVE.

*sometime later*

AGH

FEELS

AGH

AQUA

AGH BOOK FIVE FEELS MY GOODNESS AQUA STOP WE AREN’T THERE YET!

*around that break in the chapter*

Forget the battle sequence. Screw battle sequences! I hate writing you!!

(I mainly did this because I hate writing for Xehanort. It’s one thing to write Zack fighting him – that’s Zack. Aqua is another story. She and Xehanort are going to inevitably try arguing again, and no quiero escribirlo)



... oh shoot, this rant isn't at all in chronological order... *sigh* I'll rearrange it for you guys (so, reading this note is kind of pointless, because I've already rearranged it for you)

kay, back to stuff towards the end of the chapter


Well, if I wasn’t shipping Aqua and Terra before, I certainly am now. I mean, nothing in here clearly says so (though Aqua refusing to kill Terra and vice versa, plus Aqua nearly breaking down into tears in her frustration are nods in that direction) I have made the decision that I am shipping them.
Yup.

So… I was going to go the “she sacrifices herself to save Terra” route, only to realize that she had her Keyblade, armor, and glider in that scene I wrote in Twilight Town. Rather than retcon/contradict myself, I figured I’d stay consistent and just have her not save Terra.
Which, I know, isn’t nearly as cool, but I’d already determined in my head that it was Xehanort that was in control for all of this battle. Terra maybe said one thing: and that was telling Aqua to run. With Xehanort in control, and Terra not fighting back as much (something else I determined was going to happen, at least in my head), the possibilities of Xehanort ending up in a position where Aqua needed to save him/Terra seemed unlikely. So… Xehanort gets annoyed with her and casts her to the Realm of Darkness instead.

the note I wrote to myself determining that (I think I wrote it down so I'd remember after I slept, because I was probably writing this scene at some ridiculous time of night and it had gotten to the point where I was asleep at my keyboard):
~tired of fighting her, Xehanort tries to kill her, but Terra’s like “NOO!” so Xehanort’s like “FINE!” and sends her to the Realm of Darkness instead.

It makes me laugh, because Terra's like "NOO!" so Xehanort's like "FINE!"
lol

Yeah...
shh... I'm not weird, what are you talking about?

Oh, and I know you’re supposed to open the portal to the Lanes Between first, but... I didn’t feel like writing it that way. (There can be edits to how I write certain gameplay mechanics, right? I’m allowed to take liberties with that, aren’t I? Who’s honestly nit-picky enough to care?)


~~

TIME TO REPLY TO MY, two reviews. Lol.

Oh wait, I have a couple on Dead Inside, too!

Dead Inside first

ch133 from KKBeckett:
I guess Namine is one of my most forceful characters. I don't think about it too much, though, because I think I've gotten used to it.
I think Riku's nightmares eventually go away. Or they at least get less... frequent. I'm not sure. I actually distinctly remember in throwaway ideas I have for things WAAAYY past the ending of the fics in which he still has trouble sleeping, which leads me to believe he still has nightmares.
*sad face*

ch133 from archsage:
I sure hope so.


ASAS now

ch34 from archsage:
Only a select few people know about Riku's memories. Not a lot of people on Saix's side who aren't Vexen Replicas are allowed near the computers (and most of the Vexen Replicas don't care).
37 probably knows.
L knows because 37 gave her access to a computer and she sat and just searched around the database for anything she found interesting (So, Riku's memories)
Q knows because L showed her
and... that's it
('cept maybe R, who hasn't been introduced in-story yet, but I'm not positive on whether or not she knows)
However, if anyone else did know, they probably don't mention it for reasons you listed.

Demyx and Luxord have not yet been introduced in-story. Since I am kind of avoiding Disney Worlds (well, Sora will be seeing a few now, but Riku's got no point to go to them) they haven't had a place to go.
Xaldin has been introduced in-story, though. He was in Beast's Castle.


ch34 from Xero the Pyr0 (which I might PM to them, since they mentioned they don't check the blog, but this is here for anyone elese wondering similar things)
I think Q's purpose in this chapter was to just be confusing. She confused even me, and I'm the author!!

Yeah, the whole kidnapping plan of theirs probably isn't the best. But I do believe Amaryllis has a point in saying that once Namine's kidnapped the whole Rebellion thing will be over (hinthint, if Namine's ever kidnapped, it probably means we're close to the end!) so his logic is... understandable.
Neglecting to factor in the possibilities of something going wrong, however... yeah, he was kind of stupid about that.

~~

that's it guys! Enjoy the last day of November and start getting in the holiday spirit!

to help, here's a nifty desktop background/wallpaper:
(I got loads of these, so I might post one every time I update until, like, December's over)


I think you should be able to download that...
(you can. Just click on the image, then right-click on the image and choose "save image as". The dimensions aren't screwed with, so it'll still make a pretty high-quality wallpaper (I downloaded it myself to check))

Anyway, if you aren't a Mario (or Paper Mario) fan, you aren't going to like it, but I know a few of you on here are, so.... ENJOY!

DISCLAIMERTHINGY THAT I FEEL OBLIGED TO PUT:
The art isn't mine. You can see in the upper right-hand corner the artist on deviantART who drew this, so all credits go to them. I just found it and thought it was cute (and the art style is so accurate to the games, too! it almost looks official) and I was on a Christmas-y wallpaper binge.

No comments: