Saturday, November 3, 2012

I just watched the latest episode of Merlin (commentary on ch131)

not that any of you watch Merlin
It's a decent show, though, especially if you really like magic and old knightsy fantasy stuff

Though, I have to say, the latest episode made me really frustrated with Merlin. He was such an idiot. I won't say what he did due to spoilers on anyone's part, but grahhhhhh

He made me really frustrated

so, I am going to upload a chapter

possibly because I'm too frustrated at Merlin to do anything that requires much thinking

Uploading a chapter doesn't require a ton of thinking


I'm posting this video for no other reason than I accidentally clicked on it and I wasn't entirely planning on posting a video at all. I was going to direct you to a song.
(However, this AMV is pretty awesome even if it's only 30 seconds it makes an amazing promo for Days which I should probably get back to playing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSCRAj6YzqQ

this is the song I currently have stuck in my head (1:04 mainly)

Hmm, I'll save my spiel about Hedley for another post. So, I guess I won't be directing you to a song (I did direct you to one, but it wasn't the one I had originally intended to direct you to. I intended to direct you to "I won't let you go" by Hedley, and then rant about them, but maybe some other time. Next post or something.)

my first note on this chapter is:
"Namine, how does this work? You're in Riku's lap..."
Which, actually, doesn't come up until Namine points out the changes in Riku's dark mode (there's a blog somewhere about that specifically, if you missed my updating it). Riku jumps in shock, and Namine's in his lap-- something that I didn't actually change. Whatever.

My next note is:
"What? Namine? Namine, you don't do that sort of thing. I don't see why you'd start now of all times..."
I have no idea what she was doing, though. Let me read through it again and see if I can find it.
Nope.
Not a clue.
Huh.

KKBeckett mentioned that Riku's response to his new dark mode: "It's different. I don't like it." Is what everyone says when the layout of their favorite website changes
(oddly enough, the day she made this comment was the day Grooveshark started testing out its new look...)

Fun fact: Riku insists on saying "13th Floor". Everyone in my universe (and even I myself) says "Floor 13" (or Floor 2 or Floor 6 or whatever Floor we're talking about) but Riku insists on "13th Floor".
I actually think it's something about the other CO, because magik's Namine/canon Namine says "13th Floor" in-game, and in the sequence magik is currently working on (with Riku and Namine battling darkness in CO) I'm pretty sure she says "13th Floor". I'm not sure if it's consistent, though, but I like the idea of this being a quirk from the other universe. If Vexen ever starts talking about Floors I'll have him say "13th Floor" too.

No clue why this detail is different between universes, but I think I just typically say "Floor 13" so everyone else in my universe adapted to that format. Or something.

Though, Namine is a special case, because she'll swap between the two depending on who she's talking to. If she's talking to Riku it's typically "13th Floor" because that's what he says, but she'll probably say "Floor 13" from time to time. I'm not positive, because I haven't written Namine having a conversation with anyone besides Riku that mentions Floors, but... whatever

Anyway

Those were all my specific notes about the chapter. I'll keep reading and see if I have any more

In case you're wondering, after Riku says "I definitely don't want him (Vexen) seeing the footage" Namine says "but he--" before Riku interrupts her.
She was going to argue that the things they discussed during that conversation were things Vexen probably already knew (thinking about it off the top of my head, I'm pretty positive that she's right. Vexen already knows about the things that were brought up during that conversation, unless I'm forgetting/missing something.)
However, Riku just doesn't get along with Vexen so of course he doesn't want Vexen to see the footage.
Or... I actually have no clue why Riku doesn't want Vexen to see it. He doesn't want to have to go ask Vexen to delete the footage (and in doing so ask for Vexen's help) is probably the main thing, though. There could be other reasons, but that one actually seems to make the most sense. Asking for help would - to Riku - say that he's weak and not strong enough to last 5 minutes on the 13th Floor. Asking for Vexen's help is just unthinkable, given their relationship.

Speaking of which, there is a conversation between the two of them that I might need to post to ASAS. Or maybe I'll try and put it in Dead Inside somewhere... hmm *is liking that idea*

such a liar, Riku, you are too there for more than five minutes

Anyway, so, this whole string of chapters - this sequence - as I've mentioned, is sort of me just writing and not having everything plotted out. Yes, there were a few things in this chapter that I wanted to hit: the very beginning, with Namine waking up in Riku's arms; discussing Riku's new dark mode for a brief second; the security camera and then getting them to where they could delete the footage.

I'm not sure if I had planned the detour to the basement. But them going there first makes perfect sense; I've established in my head that there is a surveillance computer somewhere in the basement and then one somewhere in the upper levels (most likely Floor 13) in the old CO. Riku assumes that there is one in the basement here, and would rather go to that one because he is avoiding the 13th Floor like the plague.

The detour to the Main Room was an obvious step once Riku discovered the basement lacked a surveillance computer. It seemed like a very Joseph thing to do to go over and talk to Riku, but to keep the chapter moving I had Namine shut him up. Joseph knows where a computer with access to surveillance footage is because he apparently has a habit of going and watching surveillance footage from time to time just because he's bored. (This is something I think that's only come up in AU or scrap sequences.)
I suppose, given his aversion to Floor 13, Riku should've asked if there was a computer anywhere else that had access to surveillance footage. (I should've probably had Namine bring that up at the end. Oh well.) But I think at this point he doesn't want to admit to Joseph that he has a problem with Floor 13, and he doesn't want to have to hunt Alpha down. He probably also wants to prove to himself that he can handle spending five minutes on the 13th Floor without having a mental break down -- especially considering he's got this bout of "must prove I'm not weak!" going on right now.


Now, another important note. I'm not sure if any of you have actually thought about this, but I'm sure some of you might be wondering "If Riku's avoiding Floor 13 like the plague, then why does he go near the Computer Room?"
Because, given the nature of Castle Oblivion, we'd assume that the Main Computer/Computer room would be on Floor 13, where everything else important is.

I've decided that the Main Computer/Computer room is not on Floor 13. It's on Floor 2. The reasons WHY it's on Floor 2 will actually come up in-story, so I'll leave this alone for now.
(Unless you're absolutely dying to know, but it's explained well in-story and I'd rather not ruin the explanation by explaining it all now.)

I think that's enough of my rambling. Go do something else with your life.

2 comments:

KKBeckett said...

Oh yeah, heheh, I did say that. I wonder if he'll get used to it.
There was something else I was going to say...
Hrm... Oh yeah! *can't wait to find out specialness of Floor 2*

rar said...

He'll have to eventually.